DUI DOG Days, In RI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIDIVER501

Contributor
Reaction score
I figured I'd field this out there.
Yesterday Al Morse (PROBABLY NOT SPELLED RIGHT), the local DUI Rep, came by the shop to see the owner on a few things. I happened to be there getting some nitrox tanks ready for a class and we got to talking about DOG days.
Both the owner and I were suggesting that Fort Wetherill would be a very good place to have a DOG Days Demo next year but Al was concerned about attendence stating that Glouchester MA and Dutch Springs PA were the two new england locations.

So Questions for all of you folks out there in the greater New England area is this... If DUI was to have a DOG Days Demo in Jamestown RI, would that be a more convenitent place for you to come to try out a drysuit?

RIDIVER501:
So Questions for all of you folks out there in the greater New England area is this... If DUI was to have a DOG Days Demo in Jamestown RI, would that be a more convenitent place for you to come to try out a drysuit?
Yes. I missed the demo this year because I wasn't able to get up to MA. If they held it down here I'd be sure to be there (plus I'm planning on purchasing a dry suit next year so it would work out pretty good).

Couldn't think of a more pleasant location. OCEAN, NEWPORT with all it's history, and cultural excursions to do, is only a few minutes away. Give LIL Rhody a chance to shine. Can't beat the summers in RI, and people that haven't dove the local area, could try out hundreds of local sites. Being located in chicago now, i miss RI, and all the availability of spots to go shore diving, and the world class, activities, not farther than 20 minutes away in any direction. DUI should take a lesson learned from PICASSO (spear fishing) who now have a spearfishing championship in Narragansett. Go Rhody, Miss YA

I've been wanting to try a Dry Suit and I'd definitely drive to the biggest lil state in the union, RI. ~thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll see you there next year. But why wait till next spring what about a late fall visit after hurricane season. That way yu have a spring option in northern MA and a Fall option in RI

RIDIVER501:

Yeah, Jamestown would be great!

RIDIVER501:
I figured I'd field this out there.

Ft W. certainly seems like a good spot to me. Divers come from all around the region to go there as it is, so it shouldn't be hard to get them to show for a demo.

And since I only live in Wakefield, I would definitely conisider going.

To All:
Thanks for responding. To those who haven't keep em coming. if we can prove there would be enough interest to do this in RI I am sure DUI will add us to the 2005 DUI Owners Group (DOG) tour.

I'm too poor to buy a drysuit right now, but I would definitely be interested in checking it out if they pass through Jamestown.

this wouldn't be anytime soon probably next spring if we can drum up enough interest.....DOG days is a way for you to demo suits to see if they are for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom