DUI neckseal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Toes

Contributor
Reaction score
time to replace the standard dui neckseal after a measly 60 dives on the high-quality dui unit (yes, i do live in southern california with my 'ozone'. yes, i take really, really good care of my suit). anybody got any suggestions for a replacement seal with a bit more durability? i've been using bare wrist seals and they have worked great (substantially better than dui) but wasn't sure if anybody out there had any experience doing the same with the neck seal (of any other brand). at 150 dives/year this is getting expensive. thanks.

You could probably save money and time by replacing the neck seal yourself . I replaced my dive buddies last year and did my own just a few weeks ago . You can purchase new neck seals direct from D.U.I. .Once you learn how easy it really is you will be amazed . When finished it looks like the factory did it . If you are interested I would be happy to walk you through it. Also by using the cotol with the aquaseal you can be diving again the same day . I always carry spare wrist seals and neck seal so I never worry about missing a dive .

thanks for the input. don't want you to spend a bunch of time on this, but do you know if the procedure is online somewhere? i'd really like to learn to do this stuff myself... thanks in advance.

I second the vote for Bare dry suit seals, both neck and wrist seemed to last much longer than their DUI counterparts and were not as sticky on my arms. I did a little looking for dry suit seal change instructions on the net and didn’t find any. I do know that the DUI wrist and neck seals do come with very abbreviated instructions in the packaging with the seal. Learning how to change your seals and do various other suit repairs is worth its weight in gold. If I had to pay for all the maintenance that I’ve done it probably would have added up to the price of 2 dry suits at least. I’ll post seal change instructions if I run across them any time soon.

thanks for the input. don't want you to spend a bunch of time on this, but do you know if the procedure is online somewhere? i'd really like to learn to do this stuff myself... thanks in advance.

Buy the drysuit care book from Airspeed Press. It's the gold standard.

If you're lucky, you may have an LDS that holds occasional workshops on repair and maintenance issues like these.

...but do you know if the procedure is online somewhere?
Here's a Google search on the topic for you, have at it!
Keep in mind that kayak drytop as well as DUI seals are made from thinner material than what the "good ones" are.
Also... should you happen to buy cuffs or seals from a specific board member here, he'll be more than happy to run you through the procedure. :crafty:
It's hard to beat the Airspeed Press book though. :D

Sweet! i actually bought my last set of seals through you guys. as usual, great price and fast delivery.

Thanks for all the great replies and suggestions! While I'll never be DIR I'm certainly DIY and it kills me that i don't know how to do these yet. I'll investigate the stuff you guys have put up here, do some more research, and post anything i can find (and results, for better or for worse....:wink:

Hi,

Any news? I have my old TLS350 ready for gluing the new neck seal.
But somehow I haven't found the best trick to position the seal in place.
My TLS has an integrated hood - which is pretty much in the way.
Also the area where the seal will be glued (on the suit) is everything but round. While my replacement seal is.
Any suggestions ho to hold the seal in place - attach it and then press around the seam?

the DUI repair manual doesn't really help me either..

Maybe I'm just a bit slow...

thanks,
Daz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom