DUI Rock Boot Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White Knight

Contributor
Reaction score
I am posting this thread in hope that I will be able to finally answer the age old question, "What fin 'actually fits' a DUI Rock boot?" I wear a size 10 shoe--most common size on the planet--perhaps the Solar System. Fins that do not properly fit: Any ScubaPro Jet Fin--get the height of the pocket enough and the pocket becomes too wide, Any other SCUBAPro fin, Any Oceanic Fin, Any Turtle fin, Any Atomic Fin, Any Aqualung Fin--sling shots are close but can't get the foot deep enough in the pocket as the fin is designed for. I have tried them all listed above on a quest to find Cinderella's slipper. DUI is of no help!!!!! Ask them, they tell you nothing. Any suggestions for a fin that "actual" "really" "truly" fits a size 10 DUI Rock boot? Not too wide and not too tall. Doesn't load up on the toes, but allows the top of the foot to apply the torque, etc. Thanks

Last edited:
It's not a stupid question at all because all fins have different foot pocket dimensions that will make the rated size irrelevant. No suit manufacturer can keep track of this. The ONLY way to get the size right is to go to a dive shop (or dive boat) and try some on while wearing your boot. I can only tell you that an Aqualung blades 2 fin size regular will fit nicely with my size 9 rock boots.

Size 9 for me. Jet fins either too small (XL) or too big (XXL). Turtles fit me.

John

White Knight, your just north of us. Come visit us and I will show you several Fin's that will fit that DUI Rock Boot. Best Bob

I am posting this thread in hope that I will be able to finally answer the age old question, "What fin 'actually fits' a DUI Rock boot?" I wear a size 10 shoe--most common size on the planet--perhaps the Solar System. Fins that do not properly fit: Any ScubaPro Jet Fin--get the height of the pocket enough and the pocket becomes too wide, Any other SCUBAPro fin, Any Oceanic Fin, Any Turtle fin, Any Atomic Fin, Any Aqualung Fin--sling shots are close but can't get the foot deep enough in the pocket as the fin is designed for. I have tried them all listed above on a quest to find Cinderella's slipper. DUI is of no help!!!!! Ask them, they tell you nothing. Any suggestions for a fin that "actual" "really" "truly" fits a size 10 DUI Rock boot? Not too wide and not too tall. Doesn't load up on the toes, but allows the top of the foot to apply the torque, etc. Thanks

White. Knight,
Finding a fin that fit's drysuit boots is trial and error, it's the eternal quest for drysuit divers! I wear size 14 Rock Boots and XXL Jets. I would suspect XL Jets will fit you, to be sure, find a shop that sells Jets and try them on. While you're at it, if you can find them, try on some Turtles or OMS Slipstreams Good Luck. :palmtree: Bob

if you really can't find a set of fins that fit, take a look at the ForceFin SD-1 Military. One single fin will work for anything from a size 7 in a 3mm boot, up to and including a 15EEE combat boot and probably more, but I haven't tried anything bigger/smaller.

Just curious if you ever found a fin that fits. I too am looking for a fin that fits my size 10 rockboots perfectly.

I used XL Jets with Size 10 rockboots for years, turtles are a better fit, but you can get just about get away with the XL Jets.
I just replaced my XL Jets with XL Hollis F1 Fins, and the pocket on the F1's is also a much better fit than the Jets.

I have a 10.5 foot and I wear a XXL Force Fin when I use DUI drysuit with Rock boots. It is a great fit.
bpm_exfloat.jpg

Good luck on finding the right fin.

Back
Top Bottom