DUI vs Aqualung Fusion Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seem to recall this being a broader issue, and on mine, cranking the valve closed about 1/4 turn cures the leaky exhaust valve.

they all leak, rather seep, depending on depth. I just close mine when descending, and open up when ascending

they all leak, rather seep, depending on depth. I just close mine when descending, and open up when ascending

My suit came with Aqualung branded inflator and dump valves...I have been diving with my dump valve at its maximum open and have not experienced any leaking/seepage diving to depths down to 46 meters.

YMMV,
-Z

You might just then be the only person I know who has one that doesnt seep, especially wide open at 46m I dont even open mine from a 300ft dive until I hit 150. And probably 10-12 clicks from wide open. At around 70 or so, I go to 3-6

You might just then be the only person I know who has one that doesnt seep, especially wide open at 46m I dont even open mine from a 300ft dive until I hit 150. And probably 10-12 clicks from wide open. At around 70 or so, I go to 3-6
My Fusion is a Whites original, I dive my valve wide open to well below 300ft with no leaks. My dive partner has the new Aqualung and aslo have now issues with the valve wide open.

Let me know how it goes...My wife currently has a love/hate relationship with diving because her body morphology does not work well with her wetsuit. It has always been a struggle for her to put on and she has gotten to the point that she would rather not dive than undergo the struggle and deal with the uncomfortableness of it. She is 5'2" and a bit on the round side due to a thyroid issue, child birth, and a touch of laziness (yeah I know, I have 3 fingers pointing back at me)....it was recently recommended that she have a custom wetsuit made for her body but I am hesitate towards that option as it the money may be better spent on a drysuit for her....I would be interested to know if your morphology is similar to my wife's and how you fare with the Fusion Fit women's model....respond by PM if you prefer.

-Z

Stopped by DRIS today to get fills and had a good talk with Mike. Tried on a regular Fusion (Sport?) in L/XL and it was a pretty good fit, even in arm/leg length (I'd taken my drysuit undies with me). Socks a bit big, but I can deal with that. As far as we can figure, the one with the monstrously long arms and legs I had as a rental two years ago must have been an 2XL. I've lost enough weight that I fit into the L/XL now. I ordered the Fusion Fit (Aircore). May have it by Friday, probably Monday at the latest.

I really liked the stretch and flexibility. I loved my USIA, but it was stiff. Fusion is also lighter, which will make my knees happy. Close fit also a positive. I've been diving wet for more than a year, and I love the flexibility in a wet suit (I have good Bare Evoke wetsuits in 3/5/7mm).

Still not a huge fan of the Fusion zipper, but I'll just deal.

You can say, "I told you so!" :wink:

Stopped by DRIS today to get fills and had a good talk with Mike. Tried on a regular Fusion (Sport?) in L/XL and it was a pretty good fit, even in arm/leg length (I'd taken my drysuit undies with me). Socks a bit big, but I can deal with that. As far as we can figure, the one with the monstrously long arms and legs I had as a rental two years ago must have been an 2XL. I've lost enough weight that I fit into the L/XL now. I ordered the Fusion Fit (Aircore). May have it by Friday, probably Monday at the latest.

I really liked the stretch and flexibility. I loved my USIA, but it was stiff. Fusion is also lighter, which will make my knees happy. Close fit also a positive. I've been diving wet for more than a year, and I love the flexibility in a wet suit (I have good Bare Evoke wetsuits in 3/5/7mm).

Still not a huge fan of the Fusion zipper, but I'll just deal.

You can say, "I told you so!" :wink:

OMG @Marie13 , I never knew this day would come!

Now, if we can get you to dive warm tropical waters...:wink:

When the time comes, I might order a Fusion Fit as well. Write a review when you get to dive it!

At least you went and tried them on. If you did that and still picked it, can't complain. So many of us don't have the choices that you just experienced.

OMG @Marie13 , I never knew this day would come!

Now, if we can get you to dive warm tropical waters...:wink:

When the time comes, I might order a Fusion Fit as well. Write a review when you get to dive it!

NO to warm water! :shakehead::rofl3:

If I have it Friday, four dives will get put on it this weekend.

At least you went and tried them on. If you did that and still picked it, can't complain. So many of us don't have the choices that you just experienced.

I'm aware of just how spoiled I am having DRIS as my local shop. They've got a fair number of rental dry suits (not just Fusion, but Santi and some others, possibly). They actually put any OW student that wants it, in a drysuit for quarry OW dives. They don't get a drysuit cert, but there is an orientation session in the pool. If they want the drysuit cert, only one additional dive for drysuit cert, rather than the usual two if done stand-alone. That's how I did it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom