Dumb Laws Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, stop trying to increase your post count like that, goodknight!!!

BTW:

No person shall sound the horn on a vechicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9:00 P.M. -Little Rock City Code Sec. 18-54

Sunshine is guaranteed to the masse--California

Nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool--Baldwin Park, CA

A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month--Arkansas

It is considered an offense to shower naked--Florida

If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle--Florida

A women can be fined (only after death), for being electrocuted in a bath-tub because of using self-beautification utensils--Pensacola, FL

Citizens may not be caught downtown without at least 10 dollars on their person--Pensacola, FL

It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb--Jasper, AL

Boogers may not be flicked into the wind--Alabama

Whew. Thats enough for now.

Quarrior:
In Abilene TX there's a law that prevent any liquor selling establishment with 100 yards of a church. Not only that, if a store is in place and a church opens up, the store must move or close.

This is actually fairly common in Texas. In many jurisdictions it is 1000 feet.

There is a Costco in Plano that has a unique set due to this rule.

TwoBit

It is illegal to mispronounce Arkansas in Arkansas.

It is illegal to carry wire cutters in your pocket in Texas. (The penalty was death)

TwoBit

And from dumblaws.com

In the UK...

All males over the age of 14 are required to carry out 2 or so hours of long bow practice per week supervised by the local clergy.

In Chester...

You can only shoot a Welsh person with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.

In Hereford

You may not shoot a Welsh person on Sunday with a longbow in the Cathedral Close.

Ok what is it wish shooting Welshmen????

In Liverpool

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.

In York...

Excluding Sundays, it is perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow.

TwoBit

goodknight411:
Chico, California

Detonating a nuclear device within the city limits results in a $500 fine.

somehow i think you would be in much more trouble than that! :wink:

Ha! these are funny..my fiance always jokes about the law that is still in place in Wilmington, NC, that allows a man to beat his wife on the court house steps with a cane on sunday afternoons! I havent checked this one out to see if it is fact..but that is pretty bad!

TwoBitTxn:
In Liverpool

It is illegal for a woman to be topless in public except as a clerk in a tropical fish store.
I always knew there was a good reason to be a tropical fish. :eyebrow:

If you could get them to admit to it. (i know.. records) But don't you bet they'd deny it to the death???

Back
Top Bottom