Dumb things revisited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Are there times that when you plan a dive, plan to get ice for the ice chest, M&M’s along with Oreo’s. You want to go on a dive to check out a new ladder to help getting out of the water at the local lake at the pier, because the large boulders along the shore, which are a painful on the toes, is a little to step to climb full scuba. You’ve spent two hours making the ladder out of 1½-inch PVC and ¾-inch nylon rope. The call to your dive buddy is made and you tuck yourself into bed, neglecting to set the alarm.

When you do arise at the same moment that you were to meet your buddy at his home, things continue to go wrong from that moment on. The phone call to your buddy is met by the “you don’t really want to go diving do ya”, getting outside your scuba mobile has a flat tire, your jack is the, takes forever to, wind up and down type. At the store you forget the Oreo’s but remember the gas. Getting to the lake nearly 90 minutes late the close parking spots are taken up, while unloading the vehicle a group of people take your table, after a short negotiation they let you stay.

After hooking the ladder to the pier you make a giant stride. Within 5 minutes you tangle yourself in fishing line, because you were following your buddy in really limited visibility, when he comes back to check on you, you don’t notice because you are busy clipping the line turn and meet eye to eye with your buddy then jump. Then when you finish the dive at the ladder and as your foot hits the second rung, the laws of physics remind you that the scuba gear is heavy, creating enough force to break the PVC which in turn causes you to smash your chin, you look forward to the climb out of the water so you again can stub your toe.

I have seen the film read the book and have the t shirt.
I know exaktly the way you feel

Michael

Think thats when you go back to bed and convince yourself it was all a bad dream! :wink:

:giggle:

PVC............ i knew where this one was going.....

This phenomenon was originally known as "Murray's Law" but there was a typo at the printers...

Fishkiller,
When things start going wrong, one after another. I take that as a hint. Not to dive that day Sometimes it's tough. especially when you really want to dive.;-0

I kinda agree with Tavi, about maybe putting the dive off for another time. Too much pre-dive stress can easily lead to an accident. However, if you just gotta dive, it would be best if you at least not try something new. Especially something home made.

Dive Safe………………………….Arduous

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom