Dutch Springs Viz Reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Haven't been up to Dutch Springs since June -- been diving in New Hampshire's lakes all summer. Can anyone report on the recent visibility up in the quarry? Everything I've read or heard recently says that it has been pretty lousy with all the rain.

Any insights greatly appreciated. No pun intended.

Well, almost. Reports for the Labor Day weekend was 30 to 50 feet. Obviously, not where the students are! The Penisular side and the Island was good. The Cove was 50 feet or more. Come on down and see what you have been missing.

Given your location, we should get together and dive Dutch some time in the future. I am in Abington, and am always looking for new dive buddies in the area. I enjoy Dutch, and have found that some areas are far clearer than others on any given day.

I am convinced that those yellow plants that grow on the wall cause the viz to go down... anytime I find myself looking at these yellow plants (what ever you call them) the viz is about 3 feet. when I move away from them, it goes back to normal to 15-25 feet.

BTW, I will be at dutch springs this coming Saturday.

I am convinced that those yellow plants that grow on the wall cause the viz to go down... anytime I find myself looking at these yellow plants (what ever you call them) the viz is about 3 feet. when I move away from them, it goes back to normal to 15-25 feet.

BTW, I will be at dutch springs this coming Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom