DX-2G Impressive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveMaven

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We upgraded from the DX8000G to the DX-2G this year, and are totally thrilled with the decision! The spot focus and speed of this camera are just 2 things that have made shooting with it so much easier. My husband, who is the photographer (I'm the editor), is having to take fewer shots to get good pictures since he's having almost zero out of focus pictures, particularly with macro.

Kudos to Sea&Sea, this camera ROCKS! :D

How are Macro pix?

Macro is great! With the spot focus, you get what you want in focus instead of what the camera thinks you want.

Very new to diving and got the DX-2G for Christmas. Lucky me! No strobes yet. Do you have to have a strobe to get good pics? Any suggestions what I need from here? There are so many options and not sure where to start.

We have a Sea&Sea YS27 strobe (pretty basic strobe) and really like it. Now after my husband using it for 2 weeks, he said one of the best features is the "My1, My2, My3" feature. He can quickly go from his standard macro setting to a different setting for wide angle with a simple turn of the knob. VERY convenient and quick.

I'll post a link to the photos he took with his new DX-2G when I finish editing them.

Good to hear from a previos 8000 owner. we just got back from Bonaire. While there my 8000 stopped recognizing the sd card. with only 8 shots of onboard memory it was useless. a real bummer for sure.
i rented a DX1 and used it with my strobes but the port mount for the 8000 wide angle was changed so i could not use the wide angle.
I know i was new to this camera but no matter what i did i could not get the sharpness and quality out of the DX1g that i could get out of my 8000. After talking with the photo guys they did say they, too, felt the 8000 seemed to have better glass.
I am working up a report and some photos. i think it will be obvious in comparing new and old shots.
The DX1g has a nicer screen, faster everything and a "truer" manual setting. Also a higher sensor reading (i think 10 megs vs. 8) and shutter release feel is better.
They did not have a 2g for rental but said image quality is better. If that is true then the 2g should be great. if you could combine the 8000 glass with the comforts of the 1 g do you get a 2g? look forward to your shots to see!

Dive Maven, I am looking forward to seeing your pics!

scuba e, I have the DX-1G and have had great success in taking pics with it. If you click on my "photos" link you will see pics taken with this camera. Click on the Galapagos, Turks and Caicos, and Eluthera albums for examples. I also had the 8000G and had great success with that camera to (see my Fiji pics for examples). That said, if I had a choice I would opt for the 2G.

Regards,

Bill

I'm in the middle of editing our Maui photos taken with the new 2G and I'm stunned at the amazing photo quality! We have pictures where the fish literally look like they are popping off the screen. It'll probably take me another week to edit, then I'll post a link to the best of our photos.

Sigh, while I am excited about seeing your pics, it will only make me want to get to Fiji FASTER. Hmmm, maybe I will have to take a trip this spring to Cozumel. I'll have to check the budget to see if I can fit that one in!!!!

I can't remember do you use Photoshop Elements or the full Photoshop package?

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom