Dx-2g iso?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Water Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What ISO are you using underwater without the strobe? I'm from the slower is better school, but have been finding that using ISO 100 underwater places obvious limits on shutter speed so am considering bumping it up a notch or two. Do those of you using higher ISO speeds find the picture quality to still be acceptable?

Thanks

Dan

I have the DX-1G and always use ISO 100. I think that ISO gives the best color and no noise. That said, try taking the same shot with different ISO settings and see how it affects the picture. The beauty of digital is that you can take hundreds of shots on a single dive and that allows for experimentation.

Regards,

Bill

I also have the DX-1G. In the beginning I was using ISO 200 and was not satisfied with the quality of the images. As soon as I switched to ISO80 the problem was over. So experiment as Hammerhead says. The difference should be obvious.
In bad light conditions when using a strobe is no option I use ISO800 and accept the extra noise in the picture. That is better than having no picture at all. Image stabilization lets you take sharp pictures at 1/25 sec or even less depending on how steady you can hold the camera.

Thanks for the info. Sea and Sea recommends turning off the camera shake in their setup guide, so that's what I did. Don't know why they recommend that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom