DX-8000G cracked LCD Display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimdiverman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LCD display has a crack in it that has wiped out any view on the display. The camera still takes great pictures, but without the display, I can't change any settings. I am going to need it in Florida on the week of March 1st.

Question: What is the turnaround time to replace the display? How much will it cost just to replace the display?

Thanks.

Jim,

I am not with Sea & Sea, but I saw your post.

The camera in the DX-8000G is not a Sea & Sea camera. It is the Ricoh Caplio GX. Sea & Sea does not make the camera. They just make the housing that the camera goes in. The Caplio GX has been discontinued, so I would check around for a used one.

Good luck, and have fun when you are down here in March.

My LCD display has a crack in it that has wiped out any view on the display. The camera still takes great pictures, but without the display, I can't change any settings. I am going to need it in Florida on the week of March 1st.

Question: What is the turnaround time to replace the display? How much will it cost just to replace the display?

Thanks.
Hi Jim-
Thanks for your post. Although Ricoh makes the camera our service centers do repair and service the cameras. The DX-8000G is actually the GX8 from Ricoh. Please visit the Maintenance&Service section on our website to contact our Service Center West and ask for Jim who is the Service Manager. He will be able to give you lead time and info on repair. If they are unable due to parts availability or workload, we still have a few DX-8000G cameras available, please contact us at seaandsea@tusa.com or PM us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom