E-410 -vs- E-420

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of us needs to get his/her hands on a 410 and review the "live view" modes

Sorry Jim...didn't mean that sound the way it did. I was just passing on info. BTW, I finally got logged onto the forum site at DPReiew and the guys name is madBob...haha. So with a grain of salt....
Also, the video link on wetpixel shows a demonstration of the live view that's pretty good. The video cliearly shows its not in the same class of live view as the E330 so its clearly still King in that department. The nice part is that it shows focus and DOF which should be good for macro purposes when underwater...whereas the 410 live view is somewhat useless.

Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that
BTW...I noticed this guy is still listing on Ebay. He doesn't have any housings. When I ordered (based on initial glance at his feedback) I felt confident but after no response for a week I finally read the negatives in his profile and was floored. I worked it out with him and he credited my money back but he's shady to say the least. So stay away. OLYMPUS PT-E03 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR EVOLT E-410 NEW - eBay (item 320240937926 end time May-16-08 17:21:15 PDT)

This vendor I have no idea about but he might be the last resort in the US..or world for that matter. OLYMPUS PT-E03 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR EVOLT E-410 - eBay (item 280219082923 end time Apr-24-08 19:30:19 PDT)

I checked with Ryan at Reef and they are out of PT-E03. I did find an ebay seller that claims to have 19 of them. We will see.

If one shows up, I can take it to a friend that works at a local camera store and see how well it fits. That is when the 420 shows up in stores.

BTW...I noticed this guy is still listing on Ebay. He doesn't have any housings. When I ordered (based on initial glance at his feedback) I felt confident but after no response for a week I finally read the negatives in his profile and was floored. I worked it out with him and he credited my money back but he's shady to say the least. So stay away. OLYMPUS PT-E03 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR EVOLT E-410 NEW - eBay (item 320240937926 end time May-16-08 17:21:15 PDT)

This vendor I have no idea about but he might be the last resort in the US..or world for that matter. OLYMPUS PT-E03 UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR EVOLT E-410 - eBay (item 280219082923 end time Apr-24-08 19:30:19 PDT)

Gary and all,

The latest from the ebay company mentioned above. I will let you all know if it shows up in the next few days....

Sir,

Don't tell me what to do.

You have completely lost sight of who is the customer here.

This is the SECOND time I have contacted you. The first time, no response.......

Furthermore, if you shipped the item on the 22nd, I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED IT BY NOW!!!!!!!

I am an easy person to get along with Mr. Howell, but I recommend you take the high road......

Regards,
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Item number: 320240937926

Your order was shipped on 4/22. Please do not make time deadlines on Sundays.

Thank you,

Digital4Cheap
-----Original Message-----
To: sales@digital4cheap.com
Cc:
Subject: Item number: 320240937926

Good morning,

I purchased this item on April 21st.

I paid for it on April 21st.

Despite that, I have not received the product according to your policy, which is:

"We will ship your order as soon as payment is received/cleared. Most orders ship within 24 hours (Monday-Friday)."

If I am not in the "most orders category" please let me know by the end of today, April 27th, or I will cancel my order, and file a complaint with ebay.

Regards,

He doesn't have any housings. When I ordered (based on initial glance at his feedback) I felt confident but after no response for a week I finally read the negatives in his profile and was floored. I worked it out with him and he credited my money back but he's shady to say the least. So stay away.
Joe,
This guy is a fraud as I mentioned in the email. Its best to work out a way to get your money back.

Your order was shipped on 4/22 I wouldn't believe this. Tell him you'll exchange feedback for the return of your money.

Gary,

Thanks for the info. I suspect this as well but will give him the benefit of the doubt. I will give him till Wednesday this week. I paid for it with my amex after talking to them. They said if I didn't receive the item, They would immediately reverse it. Apparently they know about Digital4cheap.

Joe,
Okay..sounds like you protected yourself with Amex. I used paypal. When I heard nothing in a week I left a message, then another, then another and finally the guy said it shipped. Then I asked for a tracking number, no response. I asked again..no response. By day 3 I finally read the guys nice looking feedback (like 67000 positive feedbacks). There were a ton of mutually withdrawn feedbacks (unhappy customers who this guy in turn left a negative on so they both agreed to withdraw them) and I also read the negatives. Most of the negatives were no product received and the guy kept the money until paypal forced him to return it (minimum 60 days). I finally constructed a polite email that said refund my money and I won't leave negative feedback (The guy had me over a barrel because I needed the money back soon). The guy refunded the money the same day. But, what happened to the "it shipped out". A whole week had elapsed since he sent that message!! He never shipped it otherwise he wouldn't have refunded the money and he would have simply provided me with a tracking number. End of story, the guy sells a bunch of small stuff and gets a huge feedback profile. It looks safe to the average buyer on Ebay so you make the purchase. I reported the guy to square trade because he has an active square trade seal!!!! In any case, I feel for you...been there...done that.

Just a note, still nothing. Have already reversed the charges, but hey! they guy said he shipped it on the 22nd.....

Hey folks,

Got that charges reversed. This guy is extremely questionable in his operation. As soon as I reported him for fraud, and explained that these items were unavailable, they started an investigation. He still has them listed, and insists that he shipped it.

Oh well, onward and upward.

Now what should I get?

Cathy Church is speaking at a Dive Show in Atlanta this month. Maybe she will have some tips. She is my hero. I still remember her and Jim congratulating me when I won a 1st place award for a photo I took when I was 13!

If all it took was a mode dial size change, I wouldn't be surprised if Ike does a quick mod to their 410 case...would just be a single control, and (perhaps) a slight mod to the positioning pin that sits against the grip on the TTL electronics/camera base. Guess you just sit it out a little bit...and watch ebay for other upgraders to hopefully sell the Oly housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom