E-log stamps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

String, you've already registered that you don't like the idea. Fair enough; it isn't for everyone. But if you are going to keep on adding negative comments, I'm going to have to classify you as a nattering nabob of negativity.

OK so you've had an idea you think is good and don't want to hear any criticism or discussion from people that dont...

OK makes sense now.

Do people actually bother getting signatures and stamps?

Very few. When im working about 10% of people want a book signed so i scrawl a signature with a pen. When im fun diving i dont keep a log book, none of my buddies do or anything of the sort.

Some people like badge collecting though i guess.

It's not that I don't want to hear criticism or discussion, but it ought to be obvious that the whole idea is only valuable to people who log their dives and collect souvenir stamps. Your profile states that you don't log dives, so why are you even chiming in? The whole point of the thing is supposed to be fun, and all you're doing is throwing a wet blanket on it. No wonder it's so hard to get new people interested in diving when the mentors and instructors have attitudes like yours.

But seriously, this whole thing is not really that serious. I've read plenty of your other posts, String, and I generally agree with you and like your attitude. Let's not let this get out of hand, but really, dude; lighten up!

Back
Top Bottom