Eagle Point Resort, Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelpro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is this a good place for diving in Anilao. Its not my first choice but I'm traveling with friends who have kids so they wanted a pool. My main purpose is diving. Is this a good choice for me?

Got mixed reviews in TA.

Thanks!

Eagles point is recommended mostly for conference or large parties. They have this island where you could stay/hang out. ( i forgot the name) For the purpose of diving, cathedral site is just around the corner that you dont need to have a boat.

Try checking pier uno or aqauventure. They do have great service and nice place to stay.

Are pier uno or aqauventure close to each other and close to Eagle Point?

Is there a map showing these places? I have a private driver taking me to Anilao from Manila and thought I could just go in and check them out before deciding. BUT don't want to be too far from my friends.

dont know about pier uno but aquaventure is before eagle point. aquaventure is just around the point from eagle point

Thanks kwhkg but could you clarify? Can I walk between aquaventure and eagle point? I'm not sure how far "just around the point" is. My first time in the Philippines

The walk will be about 15-20 mins. You can leave your gear at AquaV. I'd still go with Eagle Point Resort for non-divers. Their newly built section looks awesome from the coast.

Keep in mind though that you will be charge resort fees for AquaV (consumable) on top of the diving.

I believe the consumable at aquaventure is P500. This includes meals, drinks, gift shop, (for that toothbrush you forgot to bring), and tanks and weight belt. They rent other diving gear as well. Kayaks are free to use. You can walk between places, but it is a lot of walking and the steps to go down to each resort can be up to 150. Better to drive to each and check them out, but as chip104 said Eagle point Resort may be the best bet, abeit expensive.

travelpro,
My advice is keep things simple for yourself. Cathedral is a perfectly good dive. You can see a map of the area and the dive sites by looking up Anilao dive sites on the internet.(Phil-Scuba or Outrigger, for example). The diving areas toward the open water are more likely to have pelagics. The areas around the top of the peninsula have some great hard and soft corals and reef fish. Some of the better dives IMO are Kirby's Rock, Arthur's, Twin Rocks, and Beatrice.

If you are going for the day, the resort won't be too expensive (they'll have a day fee). Normally, people rent bancas and boatmen to take them to the sites. That gets pretty expensive for one person (boats run from 2000-5000 pesos for a full day's diving, depending on how far away the sites are), but you could find a group to join.

If you want to try a different resort than your friends, have the driver take you there and pick you up. These resorts are not necessarily anywhere near each other.

I wouldn't worry too much about going to the cheapest place, I would worry about getting to the best dive sites. Having said that, some of these resorts have room rates over $100 US a night, and probably charge for similarly for diving. All the ones I've checked have websites, so you can price them out for yourself.

Good luck with your diving.

Regards,
Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom