EAN40 for deco

what if you can't fill EAN50

• I would purchase separate tank and reg for EAN40 and use it in such situation

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I would fill tank at other station that can mix EAN50 before each dive

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • I would change favorite diving spot

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take whatever gasses I'm going to need with me. The 5 P's applies to diving as well as life in general.
Prior Planning Prevents Pisspoor Performance

Tom Winters:
I take whatever gasses I'm going to need with me. The 5 P's applies to diving as well as life in general.
Prior Planning Prevents Pisspoor Performance
It's nice if you can do it. But what do to if you have one or two deco tanks and you plan several days trip? Last week I visited my friend (dive center and filling station owner) who was able to mix anything I needed and who had spare stages, deco tanks, argon tanks, etc. But that's not the situation at my usual diving spot.

Come on, you know better...we are talking about DIR here. You already know the answer to this question, but sound like you are looking for justification.

If you can't do the dive correctly (with the correct gasses), you just don't do the dive at all. It's really simple.

Now, I'm assuming, since you can't get EAN50, you also can't get Trimix, and as such are diving less than 100 ft, which means using EAN32. Decoing off of EAN40 from EAN32 is worthless anyhow. What kind of bottom times are you trying to pull off?

Soggy:
Come on, you know better...we are talking about DIR here. You already know the answer to this question, but sound like you are looking for justification.
You're right.

Soggy:
Now, I'm assuming, since you can't get EAN50, you also can't get Trimix, and as such are diving less than 100 ft, which means using EAN32.
I can get trimix and I can get EAN40 there but I can't get EAN50. We're talking about depths for normoxic trimix and different bottom times - total dive times up to 80 minutes.

MonkSeal:
I can get trimix and I can get EAN40 there but I can't get EAN50.
:06:
What do they have, banked 40 and helium but no O2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom