Ear ache 13 days after last dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overkill is certainly one of my tendencies. You think once a day on a dive trip is enough, DocVikingo?
In this same vein, "On a diving trip, use a mixture of half white vinegar and half rubbing alcohol after a day's diving...," IMHO a mixture containing 50% rubbing alcohol may be overkill as it appears to be the pH alteration from the vinegar rather than the drying effect of the alcohol that is doing the most good. I'd go with a 1/3 mixture of distilled vinegar, distilled water and isopropyl alcohol, made fresh.
The white vinegar I use is 5% acidic, and the alcohol is 70%, so would that 50-50 mix yield the same as suggested, or would you still make it 33-33-33 with distilled water?

BTW, why is "made fresh" suggested? Does the vinegar or alcohol break down?

thanks!

Hi Don,

Application after each dive normally is recommended. If you want to experiment with once a day, it should be after the last dive of the day.

I still like the formula of thirds.

Yes, the vinegar does tend to breakdown. Also, the mix can get contaminated. It's cheap and easy to make, so why not go first class? :wink:

Regards,

DocVikingo

DocVikingo:
Hi Don,

Application after each dive normally is recommended. If you want to experiment with once a day, it should be after the last dive of the day.

I still like the formula of thirds.

Yes, the vinegar does tend to breakdown. Also, the mix can get contaminated. It's cheap and easy to make, so why not go first class? :wink:

Regards,

DocVikingo
No I like after every dive, if that's not too much.

Didn't know it could break down. I'll start making smaller batches more often, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom