East Timor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI All,
Does anyone have any knowledge of the diving in East Timor and how it compares to the other diving in the region such as Komodo and Raja Ampat. I read an article recently which said that the reefs off Timor had more fish species than cape kri in RA so I'm assuming it must be incredible diving. Anyone been ?

Weda in Halmahera also claim they have more species récorded than Cape Kri
As for Timor I would be a little dubtuous with this assertion even from looking at a map, it is far away southwest from the Raja Ampat/Halmahera area and past the Banda sea.

I did not dive Timor but am a regular in Alor which is quite close north of Timor. Alor is excellent however I doubt it has more fish than R4, having met people in Alor who dived Timor, they said Timor was not up to Alor. second thing is that diving is a bit harder to organize and much more expensive than the rest of Indonesia.

You probably still have many spots in Indonesia to cover before you focus on Timor (just assuming this providing the number of dives in your profile -ie between 100-199- is correct).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom