Eastern Long Island Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cougar281

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm originally from Eastern Long Island (Southold, to be exact) and will be back on the island the week after next (20-26) and will be bringing my gear, hoping to get some dives in while I'm out there. I didn't start diving until after I moved, so I have no idea where the good places to dive are. I've heard that off Hortons point is good, but I'm sure going down and up (more the 'up') those stairs is a whole lot of fun, although I might be interested in diving there on Saturday (6/25).

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or is interested in diving Hortons Point on Saturday or some evening dives during the week?

Thanks,
Dave

Great Link. added to my Favorites. I never realized there were so many places for good diving around LI.

Edit: Since I've now been given permission to post in the "Dive NY" forum, could a mod please move this there?

Thanks

I may be able to get a morning dive in out there on the 25th. Let me know where you decide on.

Cool, thanks. Hortons is probably my best choice since I'll be there that wekend, and apparently a lot of the good North Shore dive locations, like Clarkes beach, are closed to divers :(. I'll see what I can find out in the next few days.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom