eastpoint diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mtlscubadude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It looks like most dive ops run speed boats to eastpoint. Do any go out there with larger boats? I'm a little concerned about 5+ hours baking in the sun with no shade at all on a speedboat. thanks

Ocean Encounters run a larger boat to some of the sites on the east. I think Scuba do also but I'm not 100% sure on that one. I normally use Dive Charter's rib for the East and wear a long sleeve sun shirt as well as a cap and a neck gaiter to reduce the amount of sun exposure. It's a fun day out!

It looks like most dive ops run speed boats to eastpoint. Do any go out there with larger boats? I'm a little concerned about 5+ hours baking in the sun with no shade at all on a speedboat. thanks
As owner and captain of one of those speedboat charters (which provides trips for many of the dive shops here), you won’t be in the sun for 5+ hours…just me…🤣. The farthest we go east takes 30 minutes to get there. The next 60 you are under water… we do have a 50 minute surface interval (sometimes on the boat and sometimes on a beach). Then back under water. Max 30 minutes back to the harbor. So maybe 2 hours in the sun…hats and rashguards are always a good idea.

What's the name of your dive business?

Thanks. I will be down in June. I may reach out to you.

I would love to dive the East Side with a small operation, but only am available Feb 13, 14 or 15 which doesn't jive with Dive Charter's schedule. Just me, I am a very experienced diver. Any recommendations?

I am a very experienced diver. Any recommendations?
Yes but not the one your looking for. With only three days and scheduling issues, find another site or two or three and enjoy. There are so many wonderful sites to dive. Hit East side another time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom