Eating in Cozumel ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeepers, that is harsh. I refuse to be a beer snob, and I do love IPAs. I hated them for years, but my tastebuds must have changed.
For the past few years I have been drinking Bohemia Obscura in Coz. Someone mentioned on this forum that it was really great. I tried it and agree. I suspect it was you, Jayfarmlaw.
I'm not a beer snob but I know what I like and don't like. I like dark beers, especially porters. I don't like IPAs or "lite" beers.

When I'm on Cozumel I drink Leon Negra and Bohemia Oscura when I can get them and XX Amber when I can't. When yellow beers is all they have, I prefer Bohemia regular or Pacifica to Sol or Corona.

I'm not a beer snob but I know what I like and don't like. I like dark beers, especially porters. I don't like IPAs or "lite" beers. When I'm on Cozumel I drink Leon Negra and Bohemia Oscura when I can get them and XX Amber when I can't.
Totally agree about the lite beers!!!!

Why would anyone drink beer on the island while the tequila flows freely? I'll never understand:wink:

Why would anyone drink beer on the island while the tequila flows freely? I'll never understand:wink:
A bit of a beer buzz is fine, but like the Tshirt says: One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor. :D

But seriously, I stopped getting drunk on vacation many years ago. The last time I did was the trip where I caught a big white marlin and don't remember it and lost the whole next day to a massive hangover. No mas.

It may be blasphemy, but I'm just not a tequila fan.
More for me, ill buy you beers :)

Is Mr. Taco on Av Lic Benito Juárez open?
Yes, was open last month when we were there.

Regarding beer, I like a lot of different style, but trend more towards German and Belgian styles. I think my taste buds are just super sensitive to hops. I drink a hoppy beer and the bitterness is just too much. Plus, when I burp for the next 6 hours, all I taste is hops!! Blech! Sorry, TMI...
:cheers:

There is a facebook page updated regularly with open restaurants by someone who lives here as well as other businesses that are open/closed. Cozumel4you is the group. Contact the admin to join. Large group and gets political at times but is moderated.
I tried searching for that post, but no joy. If you can post a link, great.

I tried searching for that post, but no joy. If you can post a link, great.

I would recommend a search of FB using Update Cozumel. While there is useful information, the person who maintains the list promotes tours and has interests in social media influencing. Not necessarily a bad thing but I don't propagate it on general principal. I believe you are a member of the Cozumel4you group so I think you may have seen the posts.

I have not found one site anywhere that has a good running list of everything restaurant but there was recently someone on Cozumel4you that kept a lilst of where they went, what was open but are the well known places. Seems lengthly. Cook was the name. Again recommend searching.

Many small restaraunts use facebook for advertizing so I suggest getting into the Fast Food Cozumel group or scanning through the Cozumel Sun FB group (there is more than restaurants there). At least you will see if they are open.

With respect to dining out..keep in mind the 10pm curfews. You will not find a taxi anywhere in town to bring you home...also, sit by 7 so your not rushed.

Off to Punta Sur for pizza and empenadas!

Back
Top Bottom