Eating out in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We really loved Chez Madilion. This was the BEST place to eat on Bonaire. They only serve 6 tables per night. AWESOME!!! Aruba Bob

BEST place to eat on Bonaire. They only serve 6 tables per night.

That just sounds like a very expensive place to eat....

Jim....

Chez Madeleine was Much less than At Sea and much better IMHO.....

Chez Madeleine was Much less than At Sea and much better IMHO.....

Good to know.... It " sounded " expensive.... Trying to pay the overhead with 6 tables takes a good profit....

Jim...

Well, its a 2 man show. The Husband is the Chef and the wife is the waitress. I guess when you are not paying anyone, I guess you only need to serve 6 tables. The meals are about $20 or so. If you get appetizers, drinks and deserts, it can be expensive but the food is well worth it. They have fish dishes, lamb, steak, duck and other items. I guess the old saying is: you get what you pay for.

Here are my top four for the most healthy, simple, delicious, and value for money meals:
- Kite City: food truck, opposite the airport at Te Amo beach, open 'til sundown. Standouts: anything on the menu really, fish burgers, ceviches, tuna tartare, tuna sashimi. Best for: lunch or watching the sunset from the beach
- Between Two Buns: soups, salads, and sandwiches near Sand Dollar. Best for: breakfast, lunch, or takeaway
- Boudoir: great choose-your-own-ingredients-healthy wraps and iced cappuccino (worth the calorie splurge and feels o so good on a hot day!)
- Fresh Market / Doner Kebab: in the car park opposite Warehouse Supermarket. Best healthy option: noodle soups with locally grown veggies, or a rotisserie chicken to take away. The owner grows her own veggies!

. . .
- Fresh Market / Doner Kebab: in the car park opposite Warehouse Supermarket. Best healthy option: noodle soups with locally grown veggies, or a rotisserie chicken to take away. The owner grows her own veggies!

I haven't seen it but am very curious. Is this a real store or a street vendor? I've seen a rotisserie chicken vendor, but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about. I wasn't aware vegetables are grown on Bonaire. Hydroponic?

I meant the Cactus Blue food truck, which I visited this past summer (2014). I did visit the Cactus Blue restaurant in 2011(same folks just wanted to be nearer to the kite surfing action). I believe the food truck is still alive and well just not operated by Hagen anymore, but could be wrong! Thanks for the other recommendations - I have not made it to any of the others!

+1 for Will's too!

Just ate at the Cactus Blue food truck a couple of weeks ago. Grabbed the last lionfish burger of the day around 4:00 pm. (My boyfriend had to settle for a chicken sandwich, still delicious.)

Marco, who is the current owner I believe, sat and chatted with us for a long time while we ate. I would have joined him for a beer, but our diving wasn't over for the day.

I would definitely eat there again between dives. But it's not a dinner place since they'll be closed by then.

Sidne

Pizza is personal, but we like Pasa Bon. Be sure you use mosquito spray before going there.

It's always arrival night dinner for us - a large, 2 salads is enough for dinner and left-overs for lunch on Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom