Eating out in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tried Pasa Bon Pizza? The pictures of pizza look real good on Tripadvisor.
I'd like to try their Lion Fish pizza.

We can safely assume you aren't addressing the OP's question, which was about low-calorie/lightweight dining options. :D

Rumba Grill in the mall in town will grill a filet of fish for you without sauce and you can have plain rice and veggies on the side. Good, inexpensive, healthy. Mi Banana will do the same if you explain what you want.

My experiences at Pasa Bon have all been disappointing. The place stinks of cigarettes because the bar and the dining room are on top of each other. The place is hot and mosquito infested. The pizza is about as good as fast food pizza in the states. Thick crust, vast amounts of greasy cheese.

The first time I went I thought maybe just an off night. Went back twice more because of SB rave reviews. If you really want pizza, Rumrunners and Donna and Georgio's are both much better.

I haven't seen it but am very curious. Is this a real store or a street vendor? I've seen a rotisserie chicken vendor, but that doesn't seem to be what you're talking about. I wasn't aware vegetables are grown on Bonaire. Hydroponic?

It's hard to categorize Fresh Market since it's neither store nor street vendor; it does have a few tables outside (no chairs) and a small kitchen and display cases. And the rotisserie chicken vendor is a part of it. You'll have to ask the owner how she grows the vegetables. There was even bok choy! Anyone in town now and can snap a picture of the place to show the rest on this board? They do a great job, and I'd love to throw them more business. Rice and beans are technically on the menu, but the owner almost never has it because she says not enough people order it and they end up getting wasted. (Apparently locals prefer fries.) O, and when I was in town back in December, they were about to offer fresh fruit smoothies.

If anyone is in town now, please share any updates you might have!

---------- Post added April 8th, 2015 at 02:32 AM ----------

Oops, just realized that the OP was asking for dinner recommendations and not lunch!

If you must eat out at night (which could get expensive), I'd recommend ordering whatever catch of the day sashimi/carpaccio/ceviche is available on menus. I've enjoyed dinners at Bistro de Paris, It Rains Fishes, and Mona Lisa.

I know you're not a fan of cooking, but it might be easier to eat in after a long day (and night) of diving! Just purchase salad ingredients and veggies when you arrive, then pick up half a rotisserie chicken every other day on your way home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom