eBay did it to me again. Scubapro 109 and mk10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I went the other way and after 15yrs thinking about it shouted "DAAM"
and then of course with my fingers still burning it was onto Penningtonville for all new internals

of course then it's into this Scubapro Guys Aqualung box for a matching reg for the pony
Nope not in there

full.jpg

Aha! Then there's the disassembled cleaned but not reassembled Aqualung boxz
Need to punch out a few diaphragms and some seats
No seats, I've already punched out a hundred previously and put them in that bag?????
"MADNESS"

full.jpg

DAAM verdigris. Hey it was unopened, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

full.jpg

I love blobbing polyrubbastrippa around

full.jpg

I love brushing carefully phosphoric acid verdigris buster around

full.jpg

and here they all are sort of, with some stuff I prepared earlier
but with a SP Mk10 109 on the pony, a shot filled bakpak and
a BFK

waiting for current cyclones to abate for ocean testings

full.jpg

Pure diving got it bad

@happy-diver Impressive work. However the most impressive thing I see above is the USD/AL BCD is still holding air. 3 of the 3 USD/AL old school vest I've had the displeasure to play with had CIBS (Crumbling Inner Bladder Syndrome. Sounds painful doesn't it?) USD/AL must have used some inferior poly-you're insane material when they manufactured that lot.

That bent knob fix is so stupid simple its wonderful. Hopefully I can get a good enough grip with tape and pliers to make it work with my knurled knob without chewing it up.

And I hope my buying never gets so bad as that box. I am trying to be as selective as possible and you only need so many spares.
Sometimes its hard when little bits of history or uncommon stuff come up cheaply.

For example I don't hoard Conshelf sets, but I would snap up a 14 supreme din (even if only for the supreme and din parts) if I found one at the right price. And I don't have any interest in the seconds unless they are the later 14 seconds with the adjustment port opposite the hose (came with the upturned angular exhaust tee) since I love that feature for tuning.
I will probably just end up keeping and fixing that Royal Aqua Master but its low on the priority list. The Scubapro set is going on standby as well since I really can't afford to get another set of tools (Pin spanner, hook spanner, bullet tools ect.) in addition to all the new major rubber parts that are toast until I get my working regs sorted out.

Right now I have cobbled together off ebay 3 like new condition later model conshelf 14 second stages and since the DIN kits for the 14 firsts are near impossible to find even used and attached to a reg, and I used three old style titan firsts (same rebuild kit as conshelf) that I bought loose without their second stages since its far easier to find them with din kits and environmental sealing kits or to buy NOS parts to add them on (which I have done for each).
I wanted three of each so I can do doubles or single with a pony and have a backup part for each. Those titan 1sts are little pigs though, lots of metal.
Its funny, the LDS has 2 new 14 supreme first stages on their shelf still but they are too expensive (I forget what they cost) and they are yoke.
I already decided that everything I use (stuff bought for fun is exempted) will be sealed and DIN.

I would have stuck with my Mares Abyss with a proton octo as I already rebuilt them and even updated the hp seat and its a wonderful reg (breathes way better than the conshelf) but the overpriced seats and other things that don't come in the annual kit finally made me ditch them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom