Ebay Scuba Compressors?! >$300, but too Dangerous? Please share thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr4

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ebay has a bunch of $250-$400 compressors 300bar compressors under various Chinese names. I will admit that I almost clicked on "buy" -- but then realized that the lack of info.

Please share opinions -- has anyone actually purchased one of these? For $250 I am so tempted...

A few things to note;
  1. They are using oil lubricant somewhere (not sure if it is going up to the cylinders)
  2. The fill rates are jus tnot possible, so it will fill slower than advertised.

4500PSI-300-Bar-220V-Electric-High-Pressure-Water-Cooling-Airgun-Scuba-Air-Compressor.jpg

I would imagine these are more aimed at the PCP air rifle market... I don't see too much filtration :eek:

Study up on scuba compressors and then you will see that this isn’t one.

if you do get one, please put me in your will for your scuba equipment....

I have a bridge to sell.....

May I please take out some life insurance on you? I promise you this is not an option!!!!!! Please do not buy for SCUBA air.

There are LOTS of these floating around. They basically have zero filtration so will need a lot of expensive upgrades to get semi passable breathing air. After seeing some with the cases blown out as well as the terrible quality of the machining on the inside, I was told no more. Liability is just too high. I will ask that, if you decide to buy one, you use it only for air guns. The breathing air compressor distributors and manufacturers don't need the bad press those things would bring.

Ebay has a bunch of $250-$400 compressors 300bar compressors under various Chinese names. I will admit that I almost clicked on "buy" -- but then realized that the lack of info.

These are the very best scuba compressors available on Scubaboard.com today. One day soon all scuba compressors on this forum will be like this. You are looking at the future for Scubaboard scuba compressors in the USA. For $300 dollars its a no brainer, Add a $100 for a filter and if it does you a 100 fills a year you can throw it away each year and buy a new one and still save all the travelling time to and from your LDS for a $4 fill.

For personal filling why bother paying 10X the price for anything else. Sure they are 40 l/min as opposed to 100L/min so what they take three times as long just get out of bed earlier.
You dont need to know anything else, enough information is on the data sheet for free. You dont need any more to make the purchase.

These China compressors are the way forward, our sponsors tells us so, saying anything less or if in any way I conflict with moderator control, my post will be redacted. Who knows one day soon these manufacturers from China may even sponsor a Scubaboard event like a Tek Show and get gurus in to spout on topic messages and have fanboy cheerleaders posting supportive messages. Then they may even charge you $300 just to visit the show allowing you then to buy the compressor with training. The future of scuba now with compressors added, just looking for brand adoption with a guru and a tad of Tek training for the sheep.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom