Economical doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, wonder if I've got some odd balls then, mine go ass up at 2500 psi
I think you might, I traded my catalina's for luxfers because of their buoyancy characteristics as well.

I believe there are several different models of catalinas S80's being by far the most prevalent which I believe are what people are referring to as boat anchors in this thread.

Well I just picked up an older catalina, if it is an anchor I'll try to compare their numbers or something.

I'd be interested in the numbers on that tank and its bouyancy charactaristics as well I just bought mine new (catalina) my other four are older Luxfers. I dove with it right after I bought it and seemed like my trim was a little different but not enough to change anything for two dives.

hold on, you have two catalinas or just one? You do realize you want to double up similar tanks at the very least right?

rox@ucf11:
Question; If you have to walk a long distance over uneven terrain such as up a shallow slew or to Buford through the swamp, where a hand truck would not be feasible isn't sidemount more of a pain than backmount?

I'd rather be able to drop tanks than fall face down with 100+ pounds on my back...

hold on, you have two catalinas or just one? You do realize you want to double up similar tanks at the very least right?

Yeah Rox, No sweat! Thank you and again the reason for this exercise is to get used to diving a configuration that will suit the cave environment. Not to dive the actual equipment which I will upgrade to when it becomes necessary. I will most likely not be back down to do any cavern/cave training until next winter so I have all spring, summer, and fall to dive the lakes and quarries up here (Chicago area) using the aforementioned configuration. I currently own four luxfers and one catalina, I will be adding another catalina soon. (And prolly pretty soon after that a set of larger steel doubles)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom