Question Edd Sorenson Interview: What questions you would like to ask Edd Sorenson?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So for the past couple of weeks the Youtube algorithm has been presenting an podcast where Edd talks about what else... body recoveries.

Can we get an interview with Edd where the interviewer actually talks about something other than body recoveries or rescues? Edd has been cave diving for decades now, I am sure he has some cool stories about exploration, even if they are something like being stuck in a silt out.

I too would like to hear a Happy Ending interview with Ed. Jim Wyatt is another person I could listen to all day.

Edd has 2 "d"s, and if you want @Capt Jim Wyatt, don't forget to use the @ in front of his username. I texted Edd, but I can't guarantee he will join us. I certainly hope he does.

I texted Edd, but I can't guarantee he will join us. I certainly hope he does.

I think this is likely less for Edd but the people interviewing him. And it isn't just for Edd but there are probably a ton more interesting stories than body recoveries. IMO the guy who did the interviews with Woody and Scott did a good balance, each mentioned a recovery but a majority of the interviews were about non-recovery diving.

It's often said that you should never meet your heroes, but you won't be disappointed with Edd. Well, I wasn't, and I've met plenty who turned out to be naught but bullies. I don't like bullies. However, like me, Edd is blunt and tells it like it is.

Best conversations I had with him at DEMA is how/why a particular gear part is rigged a certain way for one particular dive. And then again re-rigged differently for a different dive. He has some well thought out processes.

Here's the deal: give me a list of questions: cogent questions. Then Edd will decide how he wants to respond. It could be a recorded conversation between him and I, he might just type a bunch of responses that I'll post, or whatever. I'm open to ideas, but the final decision is up to Edd.

With the OP's permission @Manatee Diver, I'll change the title to "Questions you would like to ask Edd Sorenson."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom