eDiving running on MacBook Pro !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
thanks to "sbutts" - a SB member and beta tester of eDiving - we have realized that eDiving does run on a MacBook Pro equipped with Windows XP w/ SP2 and BootCamp.

You also need to install .NET 2.0 which includes the VC80 CRT files and DirectX 9.0 which is used in eDiving.

Now Mac users can enjoy eDiving too. :)

Regards,

I_AM

Can you clarify that this is on the Intel Mac? I'm guessing results differ on the PPC version.

Can you clarify that this is on the Intel Mac? I'm guessing results differ on the PPC version.

I think so ...

Sbutts?

I_AM

Correct it's on an Intel Mac. Apple's Boot Camp only works on Intel based Macs.

I haven't used any of the emulation software for PPC Macs like Virtual PC, but I highly doubt it would work. Its need to support Direct X 9.0c to properly run eDiving. AFAIK, the virtualization software for Intel Macs (Parallels, VMWare) doesn't even support that yet. So dual-booting using Boot Camp is currently the only way I know of to run eDiving on a Mac.

Correct it's on an Intel Mac. Apple's Boot Camp only works on Intel based Macs.

I haven't used any of the emulation software for PPC Macs like Virtual PC, but I highly doubt it would work. Its need to support Direct X 9.0c to properly run eDiving. AFAIK, the virtualization software for Intel Macs (Parallels, VMWare) doesn't even support that yet. So dual-booting using Boot Camp is currently the only way I know of to run eDiving on a Mac.

sbutts,

thank You :D

Regards,

I_AM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom