Edmonds trip - Feb 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, if you look at the cabezone footage, you can see the egg masses he's guarding -- he's been a successful little fish this year! They're such pretty things when they're in threat display, with their fins all extended and frilly. There's one who builds his nest right on Jetty Way every year, and then he spends a psychotic spring attacking one group of divers after another. You'd think he'd figure out that he's nesting in the freeway!

I had one come over the rail on the big cabin cruiser that's just to the right of Jetty Way, the first spring it was there. The fish was only about a foot long, but he swam up and took the Lycra of my Fusion in his teeth, and he was sitting there just tugging on it for dear life. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Talk about fearless!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom