Eeeh... Hello From Finland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viltsu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody on board!

Have to addmit that I had a second thaught before writing word Finland on the title. But now it's done. Don't worry I'm totally newbie on scuba just about to start my PADI OW course. So you are not going to hear any DIR/tech comments from me:)
Maybe I just dont know enough about something because I totally missed the point why folks got so annoyed of Davids thread. Just wondering.

-Viltsu

The reason we all got bent out of shape on David's "introduction" is because prior to him posting his "greeting" he blasted several people on the board claiming to be an "expert" and telling them that everything they were doing was completely wrong. He went on to make several slip-ups which indicated that he was not who he claimed to be...his deception was quickly apparent and quite frankly he got shut-down rather rapidly.

So...no the normal introduction process is not quite so...heated.

We are a really fun group and look forward to having your input, the search feature is great for looking back through the archives to see what has been said on any number of topics...but there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask away!

Brian

bwerb once bubbled...
We are a really fun group and look forward to having your input, the search feature is great for looking back through the archives to see what has been said on any number of topics...but there is no such thing as a stupid question so ask away!

Brian

Thats the impression I got while reading through topics. Great humour you have:D

Welcome to the boards! What's the weather like up your way?

welcome to scubaboard :D and diving....

i've spent 6 months in helsinki, finland. from end of january till end of july last year. and as i remember it's cold :cold: around 0*c with wind right? :)

dive safe

Welcome to the boards...and by the way, Finland is awesome. I spent two months in Helsinki once. Nicest people you'll ever meet.

Have fun and dive safe.

KKM

I just adopted the the Finnish map as my "avatar"!!

Minnesota is just a "new world" Finland.

I am half Fin...........and that's the best half.

what happens if I remove this?...
welcome to scubaboard :D and diving....

i've spent 6 months in helsinki, finland. from end of january till end of july last year. and as i remember it's cold :cold: around 0*c with wind right? :)

dive safe

Yep! It's lot of fun to have below 0*C temp and wind, and thats the way in Finland. If I'm not wrong they told on weather report on January that the effective temperature (with wind) was near -70*C in Helsinki. So I prefer living even further north where the wind is not so strong :)

Welcome to the board Viltsu.
I used to live very close to Helsinki for 20 years. Love the northern nature.
As far as I know Finland is on the first place considering water clarity.
Canada is on the second.

Back
Top Bottom