Egan Layne info please ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoppy

Reaction score
Hi ,

I have the chance to go dive the Egan Layne and wondered if anyone had any comments, do's or don'ts ?

This will be the first time in the sea over here, Caymans and Maldives have been my only sea dives before (shame I hear you cry) :wink:

Any coments would be welcome.

Hoppy
(Recent AOW)

not dived it but you will need to wrap up a bit warmer than your previous destinations. Maybe an idea to get yourself in the water somewhere else first - even if it is Stoney Cove......

Jonathan

Yep, I will be doing just that.

I have been doing some diving over here inland this year, Stoney and Dosthill to aclimatise. Have to say that it's not been as bad as I thought but thats due to a dry suit I suppose LOL.

Anyone else any Egan Layne info ?

I dove (!) the Egan Layne about 20 years ago. All I recall was the water was cold, not very clear and the wreck could look like a boat if you have a vivid imagination!

Get there soon or winter will have set in...

Regards
Jim

Ta Jonathon.

BTW that must have been a h*ll of deep dive to get to Japan :D

Hoppy

I dived her last year. The bow is good to look at from the seabed if you have good viz. Look under the plates on the Port side for lobbies & there's shells over there too. Lots of fish there.
I should be diving her again in a couple of weeks.
Good diving
Rob

for that.

I may see you there maybe !

Will probably be in 2 weeks time myself I think.

I'll post on here and let you know.

Bubble safely
Hoppy

Back
Top Bottom