El Gouna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

finchbee

Registered
Reaction score
My wife are off there next week, can anyone recommend which dive sites are a must ?!!

I used Dive Tribe. They were okay but nothing special. I won't say they were lazy, but compared to my experiences with Emperor divers in Sharm... Emperor is much better. I admit to being at bit jaded. On a drift dive we missed the reef completely and waited close to an hour for a pickup. I don't know who's fault it was- the divemaster or the captain. All I know is that the center didn't refund the cost of that dive. They could have at least offered a 3rd dive at no charge.

My recommendation in El Gouna would be TGI Divers.

El Gouna is in a great location to dive Abu Nuhas, home of the wrecks (Carnatic, Gianis D...). You can also do a trip to the Thistlegorm wreck. This is a must see.

Siyul Kabira is a nice reef. You'll see a variety of coral and fish.

Shaab El Erg was disapointing. One my first day the boat took us there. I think it was only because it's one of the closest reefs. The divemaster told a story about how they often see dolphins. There were no dolphins that day and the reef wasn't much to see.

Gota Abu Galawa (North) was better than Shaab El Erg.

Um Gammar is a good wall dive. This is the best site for lots of fish and corals. It's a little further to the east.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom