Embarrassing? YES!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFreak

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
All was good last week as i drove to the pool. Was going through some rescue skills that i was gonna throw at our most recent divemaster trainees. Got to the pool, popped on the wetsuit and hopped into the water...suddenly i thought that the water was a little colder than normal, i checked my zipper cos i thought i left it open a little but it was fine! Anyhoo i thought nothing of it and started the class

As one of the DM's was "rescuing" me, he lifted me out of the pool on to the side, so there i was lying on my back "unconscious", when all of a sudden i heard a huge burst of laughter...seems i was right, there was water getting into my suit alright...but this time it was courtesy of some bad stitching in the crotch of the suit....AAAAGGGH!! :11:

I believe some of my students had nightmares that night...

SF

Oh man - that's funny :)

The only reason a north american wears a speedo is under a wet suit, they are not even used by olympic swimmers any more.

I seem to remember someone talking about relief zippers, or was it just plain relief orifices??

nwdiver2:
The only reason a north american wears a speedo is under a wet suit, they are not even used by olympic swimmers any more.

I see many swim teams practice on a weekly basis.
They all wear speedos. They can't afford the special suits the olympians wear (those suits run over $400 - the material is actually unidirectionally low drag.)

Good thing it was a rescue course and now an UW Photography course. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom