Suggestion Embed videos other than YouTube, options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
DevonDiver
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've recently become a convert to Vimeo. Having previously used YouTube, it was nice to have a range of embed/posting options here on Scubaboard (STD/HQ/HD etc).

Vimeo only has STD size (small screen). Would it be possible to create/allow HQ and HD embed code for Vimeo as well?

Cheers, Andy

If there is an easy way now, I'd love to read about it - but what I do to embed a Vimeo is copy the numbers as the end of the url and insert them like this...

[vimeo]35693652[/vimeo] to get this, which I just picked from the top of the list for illustration only...

[vimeo]35693652[/vimeo]

you could always host them here. The good thing about the video streamers like Vimeo and Youtube is their bandwith. Others may cause issues for people that live in rural areas with suspect connections, will spend more time buffering than playing.

Hosting video on SB servers would allow SB to decide bandwidth. Of course you cannot have everyone uploading their own videos,( I have a forum, I know when people upload stuff, most have no idea how to resize or compress a file before uploading) but save the SB server space for the really good ones.

Then you have the ultimate control of your videos

I don't think this is an option for vimeo. Not something I can enable, when they don't offer it. It appears as though HQ videos are available for viewing on the vimeo site.

@ Dr Dog. No... We are not interested in using our bandwidth to host videos. There are plenty of available options for people to have videos on youtube or whatever. Thanks though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom