Emount zeiss 50mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thx for the sympathy will give it a go. Ih well 30mm macro fine for the flamboyant cuttlefish today! Woo hoo and then a pair if v rare nudis Ceratasoma alini. Amazing dive

---------- Post added August 13th, 2014 at 05:01 PM ----------

Other lenses no issues so assume af mf button not the issue

Ok my lens is being packed up and probably sent back to the USA tomorrow. Luckily they are covering all costs.
Hope I have better luck with the 12mm in the dome for Truk Lagoon in October.

Nice shots Tino. Did you use the Nauticam extension ring and the macro 30 port? Got any really close up shots?

Here are a few quick ones of mine form Anilao. NEX7 with 50mm Macro Nemo 50.jpgPipe 50.jpgseaspider 50.jpgshrimp 50.jpgWaspfish 50.jpg

Attachments

• Whip Goby.jpg
    Whip Goby.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 192
So thoughts on just announced FE 90mm macro? Ok for underwater?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of the 50mm until I heard of the 90. It might be a little long on the APS-c. And I have heard mixed things about FF lenses on the APS-c cameras. I am going to wait and see. Maybe try it out at B&H then deside. The real question is will nauticam make a port for it.

Being a FF lens, it'll be wider than the standard NEX mini-port ID, so it will require a 2 part port for NEX APS-C. However, I'm hoping it'll fit my Nauticam Canon 60 EF-S port I recently purchased. This port is quite wide for the Canon lens and long to accommodate the Metabones adapter. Those that have the ZEN adapter for their S&S DP-170 for the Z12, will most likely be able to use the lens with a S&S macro port in autofocus mode. Since it's a 2 part system, it may just be a matter of getting the length correct with the right macro port and extension.

Nauticam will surely make a port for the FF system, which uses larger ports, but unlikely for NEX mini-port systems. I'd love to see them produce an adapter like the ZEN where we could use the larger Nauticam or 3rd party ports. This could eventually be forthcoming given these are e-mount lens and will work on both FF and APS-C.

NEX APS-C cameras will only be using the center sweet spot of the lens, so I'm sure it will perform as well on APS-C if not better in the corners. However, corner sharpness are usually not an issue in macro lens, so the performance may be on par (other than the A7r FF 36MP sensor :). I used to use the Canon 100mm on APS-C which was great for SM and the preferred lens by most macro shooters. The 90 will be shorter by just a bit, being more desirable in my opinion, as the 100mm was a bit long for anything but SM.

Look forward to seeing the final specs as to it's length and width. Hopefully it's an internal focus like the Canon's, otherwise it will be hard to match ports to the ZEN adapter. From the looks of it (if the photo I saw was real) it looks like an internal focus model.

Hopefully they'll actually release it faster than Zeiss did with the 50. LOL.

PS. Just checked the latest update on Photokina 2014. PC Magazine reports " Sony Surprises with Quiet Photokina". After reading the article, Sony's opening at the show was nothing like the rumor sites projected. A couple e-mount lens +, but no mention of a 90mm macro.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468352,00.asp

Last edited:
On the NEX the crop of 1.5 will
Make it a 135mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom