End of 2018 and plans for 2019?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking back at 2018 - lots of local diving, dove the Maldives, got bit hard by the cave bug, getting more and more confident+comfortable with DPVs, stages and ascents, got my Fundies tech pass

Looking forward to 2019 - lots of local diving, Similan Islands in January, Cave 1 in Florida (April?), wreck diving in Bermuda in October, back to the caves in Mexico at some point, ??

Returned to Cocos Island, and visited Palau and Cano Island, all on Agressor boats. Red Sea trip coming up in March, hoping to return to Cocos in late summer for the rainy season and big schools of hammerheads. Socorros is definitely on the horizon. I've been happy with the Agressor boats and they work out well for me traveling alone. Nobody seems to be doing the southern Bahamas these days, but I plan on visiting Turks and Caicos again too.

Returned to Cocos Island, and visited Palau and Cano Island, all on Agressor boats. Red Sea trip coming up in March, hoping to return to Cocos in late summer for the rainy season and big schools of hammerheads. Socorros is definitely on the horizon. I've been happy with the Agressor boats and they work out well for me traveling alone. Nobody seems to be doing the southern Bahamas these days, but I plan on visiting Turks and Caicos again too.
Hi @rongoodman

Have you been to Galapagos? If not, consider it. It was my favorite over 2 weeks in the Red Sea and a trip to Cocos. All were fantastic trips. I did all of these trips on the Aggressor.

I haven't been there yet. I keep choking on the prices, and haven't spent any time in my dry suit for a number of years. I should put it on the list, though.

I haven't been there yet. I keep choking on the prices, and haven't spent any time in my dry suit for a number of years. I should put it on the list, though.
Coldest temps were in the low 60s, I did fine in my full 7mm with a hooded vest. Many were quite cold in lesser exposure protection. The payoff was massive schools of Mola Mola, Red-lipped Batfish, Searobins, Marine Iguanas...

Newbie here (even though I’m ancient). I completed my academics and confined dives this month and will hopefully complete my OW certification in Hawaii in January. Going fishing in Belize in April and plan to get a dive or two in there. Later in the year I hope to go to the Bahamas (Small Hope Bay Lodge) for a week of diving and fishing.......

I had some good recreational diving in 2018 and I did tech courses up to normoxic trimix. I begin 2019 with the SDI solo diving course after which I embark on my bucket list diving. I have already booked:
January: Christmas Island
February: Maldives
March: Maldives, Raja Ampat
April: Raja Ampat
May: Palau, PNG
June: PNG
July: GBR
August: Galapagos
September: French Polynesia
October: Banda
November: Banda, Solomons

Am looking for somewhere to go in December 2019. Any suggestions?

I have the following dive vacations booked
10 Days in Lanzarote in January
7 days in Rhodes (Greece) in May
10 Days in Madeira in October
Besides that I intend to do local fresh water diving once the water warms up and maybe some trips to Scotland or the North East to dive with seals.
Almost certainly some night diving and maybe a little cave diving.
Considering made to measure drysuit purchase later in the year. I recently found out I am less than a couple of hours drive from at least 3 MTM drysuit manufacturers and the prices are not too high.

For me:

-I really want to do the Chester Poling The wreck dives in the Keys were so much fun I want to start seeing the local ones.

-Which leads to getting my semi-dry replaced with a drysuit to deal with the cold. The 8/7 I have now is not bad but drysuit is the end goal at this point.

-I'm going to Japan in April to visit friends so hopefully either a trip to Thailand or Okinawa.

2018 was a searching year, searching for a landing spot - found it.

2019 is the transition and the day can't come soon enough......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom