End of the season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gcarter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had been hoping for some better fall weather, but it was not to be. I'm OK with the water temperatures, it's the SI that gets you especially when diving wet. All in all not a bad season, 40 dives on the year.

Everything has been soaked in Sink The Stink, a Scope rinse for the BCD bladder (minty fresh!), all hung to dry to be put away until spring. Batteries removed and O-rings lubed on the lights to keep them from drying out. All the tanks are down to 500 - 700 psi. Computer downloaded, log brought up to date and printed.

Regs will go in for service in December. Tanks will go in for Vis in March. I'll pop a new battery in the computer in the spring. Watch will be sent off this week for a new battery and rubber strap.

I think I'm sorted.

Thoughts now turn to whether I need any new gear for next season... time to trade in my Balance for a BP/W? Should I pick up that primary reel? Is this spring the time to do the Rescue course? Should I do the wreck course? What are the chances I could sneak in a warm water week this winter?

I am bummed that this year is over for me and that next season seems so far away, but I am certainly looking forward to doing it all again.

Happy diving to those who get to keep going!

Don't want to switch for a drysuit to extend the season?

We haven't met for a dive yet. We could probably get that done next year! Is your brother still in St-Jean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was asked by someone I dive with here in Seattle, "When do you stop diving for the year?" I chuckled and said...."Stop...why stop...we have a drysuit....It's a year round thing". :wink:
Get a dry suit and never think about end of season again :)

Don't want to switch for a drysuit to extend the season?

We haven't met for a dive yet. We could probably get that done next year! Is your brother still in St-Jean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Love to switch to a dry suit, but it is not in the budget - my son started university this year, my daughter in two years. $$$$$$$$$

Yes, brother is still in St Jean - you may have come across him if you are at the school, Jeff, Navy guy, the ginger with the beard.

It IS getting that time of year isn't it. I am hoping we can shut the AC down for just one night...soon anyway..

End of season for me too even though I am in Florida. When the humidity goes and the temps are low 80's, If I am in the wind, (on beach or on a boat) and definately If I am wet, I get c-o-l-d. All "season" long I am in a 3.5mil and in late April -May I wear a shortie over that. Ocean temp can be 86 but give me 60minutes in that and I am feeling the chill. I guess I should get a dry suit but I doubt they would let me on a boat. LOL.

End of season for me too even though I am in Florida. When the humidity goes and the temps are low 80's, If I am in the wind, (on beach or on a boat) and definately If I am wet, I get c-o-l-d. All "season" long I am in a 3.5mil and in late April -May I wear a shortie over that. Ocean temp can be 86 but give me 60minutes in that and I am feeling the chill. I guess I should get a dry suit but I doubt they would let me on a boat. LOL.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it is hard to be sympathetic - looking at the stats from my computer / dive log my high water temp is 84*F, low is 38*F, and average is 57*F. :)

I am happy when I get to wear 1 layer 7mm without a hood instead of 2 layer 7mm with hood LOL.

I wish a dry suit WAS in the near term cards but alas it is not.

Reactions: deg
Love to switch to a dry suit, but it is not in the budget - my son started university this year, my daughter in two years. $$$$$$$$$

Yes, brother is still in St Jean - you may have come across him if you are at the school, Jeff, Navy guy, the ginger with the beard.

That was my line for years. I stumbled on a used suit for a reasonable price. Until then a $76 40,000 BTU infrared heater mounted on a propane cylinder helped the SI.

Back
Top Bottom