Enforcement at Kelvin Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received word from Lions Bay that they have now hired a bylaw enforcement officer who will be on duty weekends and holidays.

We ARE making (slow) progress with council. Please try and follow the posted parking rules to avoid a fine and keep things friendly with the residents.

Corona1986 and I dove Kelvin on Saturday. We had no issues with the locals. On the contrary we had a conversation with a couple of the locals who were very happy to see us enjoying the area.

Mike (Wet Rookie) and I dove there a couple of weeks ago and there was a full sized F350 with a 15' tralier parked across all but 1 stall on the visitor side. OK fine ecxept that the front door had a decal " Lions Bay Municipality". Not a single worker in sight during the time we were there. There are FAR more stalls on the resident side. Why could they not have parked there? Mike took a chance and he parked on the resident side. No issues, no residents to chat with either.

I was there today looking around,,,the upper parking has signs that say residents only parking and the Cul de Sac has NO parking at all.

The superintendent of works for Lions Bay said that they are quite lenient for non resident parking but if it gets really crazy I can see them clamping down and start towing cars.

Shame its a great looking diving spot ( I haven't been yet) apart from the long walk down to the stairs and the beach, GASP!!!!!!!!!!!

99 North

I just received word from Lions Bay that they have now hired a bylaw enforcement officer who will be on duty weekends and holidays.

We ARE making (slow) progress with council. Please try and follow the posted parking rules to avoid a fine and keep things friendly with the residents.

How was the diving there?,,did you go down the wooden stairs to get to the water?
There looks to be a real prominent cove to the right hand side....I wondered what the viz was like there....looked greeny today but then it was pissing rain
It looks like it might be a super dive site
Thanks for any info
regards
99North

How was the diving there?,,did you go down the wooden stairs to get to the water?
There looks to be a real prominent cove to the right hand side....I wondered what the viz was like there....looked greeny today but then it was pissing rain
It looks like it might be a super dive site
Thanks for any info
regards
99North
We usually gear up at the washrooms then take our vehicles up to the parking area. Walk down the stairs, enter and swim out close to the right(north) side of the bay. Once you get out of the bay the dive follows the shoreline north. Drop down and keep the wall to your right. At your determined turn pressure just come back with the wall to your left. We have done it 100fsw-120 fsw out and 60 fsw back and also 50-70 out and 40 or so back. Either way it is a great wall with lots of life, overhangs, little caves, etc.

I will definitely try it in two weeks...This weekend I am off to Loreto, Mexico for 4 days so maybe the next Saturday I'll give it a go.
Thanks
Gene

It is a really nice wall dive. Too bad about the crazy locals. You'd think we were a bunch of migrant miscreants to them.

Hey, just curious as I haven't been to Kelvin in a while, the visitor spots don't require any kind of pass to use, right? And if you buy a $10 pass from the marina you can use the resident spots? Are either/both of these statements correct? - I know there are a few different versions floating around. cheers! Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom