EOS 10D Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone own a Canon EOS 10D, who has actually been able to find a housing for it?

It seems that every manufacturer's housing for this camera won't be available until the fall.

That's not too long to wait, except I may be heading to Aruba or the Caymans in early October!

I WANT MY HOUSING NOW! WAAAAAAAAAAH!

grunzster

welcome to the club on trying to get a good housing for the 10D, the one mentioned before is ok, but i would really look at getting the one that sea & sea will do since they have done the d30/60 already. and since they have a much wide variety of lens covers and dome ports.\

personally i would love to see a 1D or a 1DS housing because those are two of the most advance digital cameras on the market. but first i would have to come up with the money for the camera before i could get the housing.

if you have any questions about the 10D feel free to PM me

Dan

Actually, they're supposed to be coming out with it this month.

Ike lite's housing was supposed to be for the digital rebel and the 10D but now I think it only going to be for the rebel so all of us who bought the 10D when ike anounced they were going to make this great new housing for the 10D are kind of screwed if they wanted an ike lite housing. I heard the new rebel housing from ikelite is great its compact, seals well, and reasonably priced. It just won't fit a 10D... I don't wnat to but I think I have to wait for the sea & sea.

Jonas

They are still coming out with the housing, not until January though, which also about when Sea and Sea say there's is coming out.

ike once bubbled
We could put the 10D in the aluminum back housing used for Fuji S2 Pro and Nikon D-100, but haven't offered because smaller housing was coming. The new small clear molded housing will accept the Digital Rebel as planned, and will be offered for the Nikon D-100, but a dimension error precludes its use for the 10D. Digital Rebel housing should be available in December and a new 10D housing late in January.

I just don't get how they make one that is for 2 models and it winds up not fitting the 10D which had been out for about a year, but does fit the Rebel which has barely been out for a month!

We could be millionares if we started a company that just makes 10D housings.

What stinks the most is, I leave for Aruba in 3 weeks, and really don't want to use my stinky 35mm. $4000 for a Subal housing is ridiculous, but I wonder if I can rent on for the week.

Does anyon know of anyplace where I can rent housings?

Actually, depending on how serious you take this hobby, buying a 300D especially for underwater might not be a bad idea. I have a 10D with the battery pack; using it underwater would mean taking the pack of everytime. Plus, if something would go wrong, I'm without a camera... and it's rather expensive to replace. The 300D is a lot cheaper but still has most of the funtions of the 10D; I doubt you would really need those added possibilities underwater. And above water, you'd have a backup body.
Hmm, this is something to consider. I still have to make a lot more dives anyway till I'm comfortable enough to start shooting underwater; plenty of time to save for an extra body. :eek:ut:

What is the real difference between the Digital Rebel and the EOS 10D? I know they both use the same sensor, same res, the body looks different, but what main features did they leave out of the 300D?

I'm not sure I'd go that route anyway. The housing will be expensive enough, without buying a second camera.

Besides that's what flood insurance is for. No matter what you're shooting, the housing doesn't cever the camera in case of flood, and even a 300D is expensive enought that you'd want to insure it.

Back
Top Bottom