Eos 7d

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Canon EOS 7D is the camera I want, but good luck on trying to find a used camera housing. The housing I want will cost $4,000 plus ports, plus everything else.

If you look long enough and hard enough, they're out there, but usually you have to wait for someone who is dissatisfied with what they bought and wants an upgrade or decides it's just not for them. You can continue looking here, or check Wetpixel classifieds, Underwater camera.com and several other sources. I found mine on E-Bay Great Britain. Expand your E-Bay to cover all markets, not just US.
If you Google "Canon 7D underwater housing for sale" on a constant basis, eventually you may find one. Expect to pay about 2/3 of retail for late model stuff.
Another resource is UW camera suppliers. Backscatter has a page for used product on their website and many of the UW retailers take trade ups and have rental returns, etc. Call them or e-mail and tell them what you want, and if one comes around they may contact you. You'll have to be patient. It took me almost a year to find what I wanted.
The alternative is to just suck it up and go out and buy one new. There are cheaper brands that are quite serviceable, particularly Ikelite. Often, you can buy the housing new and find used ports, strobes etc.
Here's one I found in about 30 seconds of Googling.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nauticam-Underw...igital_Camera_Accessories&hash=item4153bb58ec

Hi Deepdiver,

We have a pretty active consignment section, and we currently have a demo 7d for sale. The asking price for the housing is $1800. Send us an email.

check FredMiranda.com for used 7D.. they go for anywhere between $1200-$1400..
try wetpixel.com for housings, since that's mostly an underwater photo website..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom