EOS Rebel XT Advice Needed (Lenses/Housing, etc.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good places for underwater photo stuff: Helix, Reefphoto (Ryan), Leisure Pro (Adorama, same place), Buydig. Check Resellerratings.com for anybody before you buy.

You can't go wrong with either Canon or Nikon digital SLR. Decide which glass you want to own. Your camera body will be replaced by something better in 6 months no matter what you choose. I shoot a 20D in an Ikelite housing with Ikelite DS-125s. I love it. I agonized between the Nikon D70 (cheaper) and the 20D before buying. My recommendation is to get one and get it wet. After 2-3 years, you will be in a better position to know what you want a camera to do underwater. Absolutely get a flash, a good one, from the beginning. It makes the camera so much more enjoyable underwater, and you'll love what it does for your pictures.

Back
Top Bottom