eos ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i was told today by a shop that the eos was not good for cold water diving. Those of you that have one can you weigh in here and let me know your thoughts. i called my regular shop afterwards and he said he never heard it being bad for cold water. Also how do you like it compared to your old reg in cold water. +'s and -'s on the reg in cold water. i usually jump in as soon as the ice move out. and maybe one or two ice dives.

Last edited:
I've had the EOS to 130 feet in 39 degree water here in Gilboa Quarry. Not a problem at all.
I've used my Delta 4 in those same conditions as well a my Apeks Tungsten. I still prefer my EOS to either of those. Whoever told you the EOS isnt good for cold water doesnt appear to know the product very well.
The EOS has the same first stage as the Delta 4 which was selected as NOAA's cold water reg.

Thanks for the info. i am going to call my regular shop and order it. thee bad thing is he is three hours from me so i try to use this local guy ever now and then and really haven't been happy with the answers that i get from him after i ask and get replies on here.

I also got your pm and sent you a reply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom