Epilepsy and Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antattack, 'sounds like you have a great buddy. One thought I have is that if he elects not to wear the FFM, that he use a fairly tight neck strap on his mouthpiece. Vintage divers used these for years, and they work pretty well. Fred Roberts, who wrote the book Basic Scuba, wore one when he was testing a regulator in 1955. Fred took a DESCO double hose regulator to 380 feet, and he stated:
...I took one other precaution. I attached a strap to the mouthpiece to make sure that in case of "blackout" it could not be lost. The thought of passing out and drowning in the closedtank before they could open the hatch was not pleasant. Later you will note that this was not a wasted effort...

...It is surprising how fast one can get into trouble in this business. Only eight and a half minutes from the time I left the surface I had reached 380 feet and was completely unconscious from nitrogen narcosis. But that is ahead of the story. Here is the actual account written shortly after the completion of this deep compressed air simulated dive...

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom