epoque strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gaudencio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,
I am planning to buy a strobe for my olympus 5060wz PT-020. I am tight on the budget and really don't like to invest a lot of money on strobes. Before I was planning to buy a sunpak g. but after reading a lot of thread about this strobe concerning constant flooding, I changed my mind. Now i am looking at the Epoque DS230 auto or the DS 150 ds . Although they have good cheap prices. i was wondering if they are good for me to start with. could you share if you have used this item? durability and dependability and the rest. thanks
P.S. any suggestion on the arms and trays?

:)

are you planning on lighting up only strictly macro subjects such as nudibranches and the like? then this strobe should be alright. If you want to light up the soft corals, anemones, and seafans etc of anilao or pg, then you will not be satisfied with this strobe as the spread of light is very minimal.

i believe they offer their own system of arms and trays

Thanks for the info. now i'm still looking at other brands.

Back
Top Bottom