equipment question for the bay islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also don't know of anyone that has complained about being too warm while in the water.

Okydoky......:coolingoff:

P1011224-1.jpg

Roatan in April/May. :rofl3:

Okydoky......:coolingoff:

P1011224-1.jpg

Roatan in April/May. :rofl3:

OK, so your the first I have ever heard. Well, not sure you are complaining. :D

OK, so your the first I have ever heard. Well, not sure you are complaining. :D

Lawdy no.

I dive Roatan in a bathing suit and a cotton jumpsuit. Sometimes on evening Dive #5 (and almost always by #6), I pull on a Polarfleece.

I have done the Galapogos in 78° in a Polarfleece. That's why I say- everyone is different.

My wife wears a 5/3 at most while in Roatan- any time of the year. She is a nice person, but a cold blooded reptile in terms of the subject at hand.

When the water is this warm, something happens that is impossible to detect.

In these 85°+ temps, you are actually perspiring underwater.

You are getting further dehydrated, not just by breathing ultra-dry compressed air.

You really have to suck down the liquids.

Been there in December, May and June. I dive in a wet suit shirt (ok you perverts, also a swimsuit) but am self equipted with polar protection (5'11" 230 lbs :). I have not been nailed yet (knock on wood!) by the little nasties. On the shark dive a few yrs ago I saw a bunch of them in the first 15 feet so we went through them going up and down but much to my amazement nobody got hit, except the guy who purged his regulator to "clear the path". I still havn't figured that one out since I know that usually is effective. It is like he pissed them off or something (I know, they aren't subject to that sort of stuff but it was pretty funny). Anyway I wouldn't spend a lot of time obsessing about them. Try taking some "Sea Safe". Stuff works and is quite unobtrusive. If I am worried I put it around my neck and face.

I'll still be in a 5mm full suit around that time, probably with a 1mm hooded vest under it!

I would recommend a minimum of a 3mm full suit.

Regards

Will

Good thing I bought a Mares Tropic 3mm full suit then. Guess it will be enough for my diving tripover there next month :wink:

I would consider a smaller wing than the venture, although it will work. NESS had a special going on for the new travel wings, they're much better designed, and they were something like $170. I doubt they still have any but you never know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom