Equipment rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shae

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place where I can rent equipment for a week or two? I'm heading out to Roatan from the end of April until Mid May (a two week trip), and I don't really want to bother renting once I get down there. Does anybody know of any shops in the Dever (Englewood, Aurora, Greenwood Villiage) area that does this sort of package?

Thanks,
Shae

One advantage of renting when you get there is that you don't have to haul it to and from the airport. If you are staying at CoCoView Resort, they have ScubaPro equipment. You can make arrangements on-line so it's ready when you get there.

It would add to the cost of your trip, but maybe consider buying your own regulator. I'm assuming you have your own mask and fins. Your LDS may also have rental gear. Check out the cost of renting at home vs renting locally and see where you would save more money. If you rent at home, try it out in a pool if possible before going.

Have a fun trip. I'll be in CoCoView in 27 days.

Shae:
Does anyone know of a place where I can rent equipment for a week or two? I'm heading out to Roatan from the end of April until Mid May (a two week trip), and I don't really want to bother renting once I get down there. Does anybody know of any shops in the Dever (Englewood, Aurora, Greenwood Villiage) area that does this sort of package?

Thanks,
Shae
There are about a dozen dive shops in Denver, and they ALL rent gear. I'd highly recommend A1 scuba all the gear is less than a year old (they turn their stuff over annually), and they run a good LDS. Prices are going to run about $150 a week without a computer. The price without a wetsuit is $115 a week, so you'd be best off paying for a shortie (Costco has them for under $50 last time I was there) if you don't already own exposure protection.

You can check them out here

I would agree with the individual that suggested that hauling gear around the planet is a pain in the tail, and renting at the resort would avoid that.

Shae,
I agree with Ron that A-1 has good equipment in their rental department. I'm surprised you are at the DM level and don’t own equipment.

Be sure to rent a computer. It will increase your bottom time. You don't want to go all the way to Honduras and have to miss out on your dives by working the tables.

I am curious, how did you get to Dive Master level without owning gear? I am in SSI's program and we are required to have our own professional level gear. Just wondering.

Thanks for all your help. Yeah, it's intersting that I've managed my DM w/o owning my own equipment. Although I sense an accusatory tone and I don't much care to defend myself, I'll still thank my dive shop in Roatan for this. I did I DMT program there for my more advanced certifications (I have the DM cert, but am not working in the field), and was able to use shop equipment for the two months that I was studying and diving. I completed that program in December, moved to Chicago (and wasn't about to buy gear to dive in Lake Michigan in January), and am now getting settled into Colorado, but will be moving again in just a few weeks. I haven't stayed in one place long enough to affiliate myself with any shop that I'd be interested in dropping hundreds of dollars on in order to outfit myself, and I don't know where I'll be in the next six months...so I'm not looking at buying in the near future. To compound the issue, although I did like and felt comfortable with the equipment I was able to utilize during my DMT, there was not a large selection, so I'd still like to test out some more before I commit to purchasing. Anyway...thanks again for the shops in the area.

Shae:
Although I sense an accusatory tone and I don't much care to defend myself,
Sorry if the tone was that way. I should have said "how'd you get to dive master without being beaten within an inch of of your life by the LDS for not buying equipment"

I'm not accusing you at all. I've just never met any DM who didn't own an entire closet full of gear. After your explanation, I'll say you were quite lucky to get your certification in Roatan and even luckier to use their gear. I learned to dive while living in the Virgin Islands. I became friends with the owner of a LDS, so I used his gear and bought my own when I returned to the states.

Ha, thanks guys. My apologies...you caught me in a hyper-defensive mood last night...I appreciate your patience and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom