Equipment - selection and prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ameneon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there many dive shops which sell equipment in Cozumel?
How good is the selection and what are the prices like?
For instance for a 3 or 5 mm wet suit.

You can rent suits from the local operators. I'd want to run it thru the rinse tank again and wear my own dive skin under it.

Good idea Don - I farted in my rental wetsuit:

wetsuitfart.jpg

There are a few equipment shops on the island. Lots of masks, fins, and snorkels. Tons of assorted diving tchochkes. A few regulators, BCD's, and computers. Shops here in New Hampshire (which is not, overall, a diving mecca) carry a significantly wider range of gear. Prices are high on the island. I'd certainly replace a lost fin or damaged mask there, but I wouldn't arrive without gear I needed planning to buy on the island.

It's been a few years since I was there and only wandered into a few dive shops, but they all seemed pricey to me. That was when I was between working at dive shops (the "real world"), so I wasn't comparing against employee pricing. Antibiotics for my sinus infection were sure cheaper there though :)

Remember, EVERYTHING is imported onto the island, so someone has to pay for all that shipping... that's right, Mr. Consumer does.

I'm a huge advocate for folks shopping at local Cozumel establishments, but when it comes to most SCUBA equipment purchases, it's better to buy at home.

We don't all live in the US and from the look of things the person asking lives in Northern Europe, so who knows how prices compare to his area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom