Equipment to bring on Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
Going on a 7 day cruise in May with Carnival out of Galviston. I want to carry reg. kit, mask, snorkle, fins, weight integrated BCD, and dive skin. My wife is concerned about what I am going to do with my wet dive gear on the boat. She doesn't want me to carry anything but the reg kit, which I was adoment about and and rent the rest. I really feel better using my own gear. How do others handle this situation. She is not a diver and has no clueof why I want to bring all of my own gear.

Frank, G/F and I are going on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Galveston on Jan 9, I too am bringing my own gear. As far as the wet things, you can probably get away with hanging most in the shower, the bathroom is all waterproof, so you can hang it anywhere, everything else should fit under the bed. Im not sure how feasible it is, but I was thinking about bringing a shower rod to hang things on...I'll let you know how it goes in Jan. Happy Cruising!!

Of course, if you get a balcony, all can dry outside.....mabye thats the excuse ill use to sell her on the balcony room!!

Ryan

I will be interested in how it goes, AustinPDDiver. We are going on a cruise out of Galveston in March. I haven't decided what to take yet other than my reg and computer.

Just convinced wife to let me carry BCD using familiarity in emergency situation. She calls it the floaty thing. Still I want my own mask, snorkle, fins and dive skin. OH what to do. She wants me to rent these items. I like what I am used to. She keeps talking about room and storage.

Frank, what type of stateroom are you going to be in..that has alot to do with the type of room you have to work with, also, where are you guys diving and with who if I might ask??

Ryan

We are in an outside state room, don't know where yet. Last time we were on the E level. In Coz and Belize dives are offered by the Cruise line. Working with Paridise in Coz for a privite morning dive. No dive offered by Cruise line in Playa. Still looking for dive op there. Was recommended by LDS to use Cruise line dive in Belize. We will be in the ship Elation with Carnival out of Galviston.

fmw,
I bring all my gear in my roller duffle as I do not want rental either. Both my Daughter and I dove this summer and used the bathroom for our wetsuit/skins to dry. We then left all our gear in the duffle, made sure it was rinsed prior to leaving Stuarts Cove, and then re-rinsed and cleaned well when we got home. If you are diving all those sights you really won't need your gear to be dried. My non-diving wife was in the room as well so we had 3 suitcases, 1 large rollerduffle, and 2 carryons that we stored in the closet, under the bed, etc. so it can be done all in a standard outside cabin without balcony. Enjoy your cruise and your diving and tell the wife not to worry about space, it'll work out

chuckrt

fmw625:
Just convinced wife to let me carry BCD using familiarity in emergency situation. She calls it the floaty thing. Still I want my own mask, snorkle, fins and dive skin. OH what to do. She wants me to rent these items. I like what I am used to. She keeps talking about room and storage.
You've got the big stuff, all the rest of this stuff just does not take that much space. Renting a mask when you have one that presumably fits seems nuts. A well fitting mask could be presented as a safety item too. Does she want you to use a snorkle someone else has been using? Does she want you to get blisters from badly fitting fins? Does she want you to wear a wetsuit someone has probably peed in? :)

fmw625:
We are in an outside state room, don't know where yet. Last time we were on the E level. In Coz and Belize dives are offered by the Cruise line. Working with Paridise in Coz for a privite morning dive. No dive offered by Cruise line in Playa. Still looking for dive op there. Was recommended by LDS to use Cruise line dive in Belize. We will be in the ship Elation with Carnival out of Galviston.
for dives in playa get ahold of dennis at DIABLO DIVERS he is a member here, his screen name is Pez de Diablo. he will take you on a couple of great cenote dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom