ESPN unspeakable show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Archman,as usual straight to some science,thanx.Wildcard,funny but not really representin' very well.Dot get a grip,even in jest wishing death and dismemberment on a fellow human is also poor representation.
Shrill rhetoric or pointed verbiage is useless in interpersonal communication.It may even detract from your cause by being used as an example of "extremist views"

Wildcard:
Well now, that was a good reply.

"ESPN needs to 'get a grip' on what sporting activities are. I hate watching the deer hunting shows also, -- it is just so lame."

If you don't like it, then change the channel or better yet get off the couch and do something positive for the world.

That's what I wanted to say. Scores of people watching TV with their ever so tender eyes and sensibilities need to get another hobby. Maybe live in a padded soundproof room cut off from the atrocities of the outside world. Today I saw a man committing mass torture! :11: I was aghast at the sight! I yelled out to that !@#$#: Cut off your lawnmower and leave that poor defenseless grass alone! It cannot defend itself and deserves to live it's life in peace without fear of your cruel blades of death! :toilet

deadend:
That's what I wanted to say. Scores of people watching TV with their ever so tender eyes and sensibilities need to get another hobby. Maybe live in a padded soundproof room cut off from the atrocities of the outside world. Today I saw a man committing mass torture! :11: I was aghast at the sight! I yelled out to that !@#$#: Cut off your lawnmower and leave that poor defenseless grass alone! It cannot defend itself and deserves to live it's life in peace without fear of your cruel blades of death! :toilet
This may be meant in some sort of jest, but have you ever seen the wonderful biodiversity that develops if you don't mow your lawn for a few years. It can be amazing how fast beautiful wild flowers encroach.
Almost though out of nowhere.

Tom

Wildcard:
whale ( grossest stuff I have ever put in my mouth)

I agree. It was nasty. We were young, it was in a can, we didn't know how to cook and we burnt the hell out of it. I've been wondering for thirty-six years if it was just me. I feel better now.

Nomaster:
This may be meant in some sort of jest, but have you ever seen the wonderful biodiversity that develops if you don't mow your lawn for a few years. It can be amazing how fast beautiful wild flowers encroach.
Almost though out of nowhere.

Tom

Tom,
I tried this. Damn neighbor called the city. After threats and phone calls and a search in the tall grass for the mower the kid made almost everyone happy. Not the bunnies that had moved in. Sorta happy to see the skunk move.

Joe

It would be more entertaining for these shark fishermen to throw each other over the side of the boats with a fun noodle and some chum and see if they can outswim the sharks, now that's entertainment!!!!! What gets me is these dopes know there is a large shark population still being slaughtered for sport and the dreaded "shark fin soup" slop that the Japanese so relish. Sharks serve an important function in the ocean- It makes me cringe!!!!!! that people still like to see sharks caught and butchered to the point of extinction. We may be the apex predator on land, but anyone knows when you enter the water world, things change, and these fishermen are too scared to go in the water. I can see spearfishing for food, but not fishing for these beautiful creatures to just hang them up take a few photos with and dump them.

Dot Wethington:
.....and the dreaded "shark fin soup" slop that the Japanese so relish.
Well it's a very old thread you got here but out of interest where did you hear that the Japanese relish "shark fin soup"? Having lived here for some time now, and while I know they eat a LOT of fish!!!!!:D I've never heard this particular accusation laid at their door before!:D

(Google it......I think you'll find that this one is down to others! :crafty: If we're going to attack people let's at least try to get the right victims!!! :eyebrow: )

as an AVID fisherman, and new diver i must say that i love to visit/see the beauty of the underwater world... however- if ANYONE thinks that line caught fishing (for sport or food) has ANY affect on the populations of ANY fish species you are sadly mistaken. try commercial trawlers, long liners, and pollution! sounds like the F&G who regulates the heck out of fishermen while allowing these issues to go on unchecked and then wonders why fish populations continue to decline. i fish all year and in my lifetime i won't take as many fish as 1 set of a longline boat!

jon m:
- if ANYONE thinks that line caught fishing (for sport or food) has ANY affect on the populations of ANY fish species you are sadly mistaken.
You must have missed post #26 on this thread, Jon. Recreational fishing does indeed make its mark now. It didn't use to, but it's now documented by various state and federal reports.

Back
Top Bottom