Every sport has its injuries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is kind of a long story. I had an osteoarthritic "ridge" growing on the top of the ball of my foot. The injury that did cause this was NOT diving.

Anyway, I usually dive a dry suit with rock boots. So don't consider the ridge a problem until I went to the Galapagos Islands. It was booties there. So about the third day, the ridge turned bright red. Because it was the Galapagos Islands I wouldn't stop diving. :dork2: By the last day it was swolen and horrible. I could barely walk on it.

When I landed at LAX and hobbled to the Southwest gate to my home, they moved where we were to get the flight because it was late. So I hobbled to the Southwest gate and asked the smiling attendant if they were just going to move us back since I had a problem walking. She signaled an attendant, ploped me in a wheelchair and slapped a blue folder around my boarding pass.

I was sure glad I had those velcro closing sandals. Some nice person on the flight from Quito had a strip of velcro to extend the part over the toe.

So it was off to the podiatrist and now I have no more ridge :)

Back
Top Bottom