Evolution Rebreather Training with Richie Kohler

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Michelle (Muggsy) and I will be doing our Evolution Rebreather training with Richie and Carrie Kohler in Mid-November - in Fort Lauderdale! There's room for a few other students, so join us for this course, it'll be both fun and informative!

From Richie's Website:
Closed Circuit Evolution Rebreather Training
Air diluent closed circuit rebreather training (entry level)

Requirements
Students must be at least eighteen years old, have sixty logged open water dives and be nitrox or advanced nitrox certified.

Equipment Required

Evolution or Inspiration rebreather (rentals available)
One CCR dive computer and/or bottom timer depth gauge
Mask, Fins and knife
Appropriate exposure suit
Reel with a minimum of 130 feet of line
Lift bag or SMB
U/W slate and pencil
Appropriate weight
Access to an oxygen analyzer
Bailout gas supply

Course Overview
The course duration is normally five days and broken down into roughly 2 hours of confined water and (at least) seven open water dives totaling no less then 360 minutes. Spread over the five days there will be approximately eight hours of academic development and lecture covering the following subjects:

Rebreather history
Practical system mechanics, assembly and maintenance
Electronics System, design and operation
Gas physiology
Dive Tables, Computers and Planning
Emergency Procedures

Tuition Includes

All academic materials, administrative costs and class consumables, (sofnalime, oxygen and diluent fills)
Evolution air diluent
TWO INSTRUCTORS will guide you through the CCR course.
Tuition as of June 1st, 2008: $1800.00 per student

Extras are - Hotel (if needed) in Ft Lauderdale (Lauderdale by the Sea) area. Boat Charter fees, and Pool fees.

You can contact me, or Richie for more details.

Aww ... you guys have all the fun :wink:
It sounds like a very interesting and fun course .. wish I was closer

Have fun in the course. I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's a whole new world. Don't let the buoyancy issues bother you, it does get better.
Bill

I took this course with Richie and Carrie about a year ago.
They do an amazing and very thorough job.

While Richie is obviously a well known and a seasoned diver and Carrie is not as well known; Carrie is equally as impressive!

Plus they are great people.

You are going to have a fantastic time!

John

Awww shucks John....(Blush) One thing we do strive for is to make the training fun and its nice to hear we pull it off! There is alot to cover and learn in a few days, but most of the class is spent simply diving for fun. And Mugsy and Howard are a panic in any venue!
Hope to see you there!

So... If we moved this to the first week in December, would that change anyone's mind?

It sounds like a good time, maybe I could talk Marian into it, --- Nah..

Richie, Please take your time training Howard or Michelle, we need them around here. Also be very careful, they can sometimes forget it is serious business and before long everybody is laughing so hard they forget what they are supposed to do!

Add two more names to the SCRUBS list. :D You guys are going to love diving silent.

If Richie doesn't mind other CCR divers joining you on the openwater dives, post the dive schedule when you finalize it and maybe some of us can tag along to welcome you to the dark side.

We're making the course Nov 29 - Dec 3rd. There's already a few signed up... but one or two more would really round out this class.

This is really going to be a fun week of diving in the Fort Lauderdale area, with me, Richie, Carrie, and Muggsy.

Join us for this fun and informative training session!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom