Question Exactly how janky is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Repo compressor sold as is any idea how jacky this is? Thinking if its cheap we might for it but other than the fact our LDS has a compressor we don't know much about them. Just be nice to have one at home to avoid trips to the shop.

Repo compressor sold as is any idea how jacky this is? Thinking if its cheap we might for it but other than the fact our LDS has a compressor we don't know much about them. Just be nice to have one at home to avoid trips to the shop.

You need to consider total cost of ownership to include servicing and getting new filters. That Leeson P14K34DB1D is simply the motor powering the compressor. If the LDS is an hour+ each way and in the opposite direction of the dive site, owning might be feasible.

While I'm not big into compressors, some things I learned from @DandyDon here, and my LDS, if the oil in the compressor over heats you can wind up with CO in your tanks. Mucho no bueno. Then there's the need for filtered dry air to prevent corrosion in your tanks, regs, etc.

If the dive shop is an hour away but in the direction of your dive site, I'd be more inclined to keep a fair number of tanks on hand then deal with maintaining a compressor. This way I could leave a couple at the shop to fill, then dive the next set. On the way home swap them out and be ready for the next trip.

Knowing the owner, as jankey as you can get. Notice in 508 listings on that auction, there isn't anything but junk?
The compressors at his shop are garbage, I'm sure his garbage he is dumping isn't any better.

Knowing the owner, as jankey as you can get. Notice in 508 listings on that auction, there isn't anything but junk?
The compressors at his shop are garbage, I'm sure his garbage he is dumping isn't any better.

1erday.jpg

Back
Top Bottom